• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Kenwood TK-730G

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muxlow

Super Secret
Ello!

Wondering on how i can make this radio go out of band?
Its a 32ch with full control head, 150-174mhz. I want to use this for APRS on 149.44mhz
Is there a way i can force the radio to go down that 600khz?
As of now it wont let me program it into the radio, but when i change the band to the 136-150 it does allow it to go in but i get the beep and flashing on the screen and not able to TX on that channel.

I tried the ole google and no luck or just wasnt looking at the correct stuff but i couldnt find anyplace that showed how to drop it down a mhz.

Any help would be dandy. Iv got a few of these laying around and would like to make some use of them for the ham club

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Huh.... When I had mine I had no issues what so ever programming out of band. Mine was the 150-174 split as well, and it happily took channels in the 142.xx range. All this was RX only though, I never attempted to TX on any of the out of band channels.

W4JPA

I have two TK-830's which are similar and use the KPG7D program (under DOSBox) to program them. After selecting the model, control head and (in my case) UHF I have to select the "SP Tune" item in the frequency range box. After writing to radio(s) things work well. I hope this helps.
73 BobJ W4JPA

Muxlow

Super Secret
Yeah sorry not 149.44 haha. Must of been the last thing i poped into the radio at 3am.
144.39 is what im trying to do

I did try and SP and no go on that either. Did put in the 149.44 as RX only and that wouldnt allow me to monitor it either. Nothing under 150 would work not even in SP or SP W mode

Wondering could this be a firmware issue or something? Maybe mines super old and needs updating to allow for this?
I used Version 21 of the software

Last edited:

Muxlow

Super Secret
There is an option for IF Frequency when i push SHIFT+F6
Its current setting is 34.4mhz

If i change this to 28.4mhz i can get the radio to go down to 144.39mhz and it does transmit on that frequency but will not RX anything back. Tried a couple channels and they all transmit fine just dont hear anything

When i put it back to 34.4 i cant go down to 144 or under 150. BUT at 150.1mhz i can TX and RX fine.. sooo im sure there is something i need to fiddle with to get it to TX and RX on 144.39 thats the only channel i need in this radio

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
Yea don't change your IF, that'l screw up all the receive. Set your software to SP. All that does is disable range checking and allow any freq to be entered.

If you mean no TX/RX under 150 (as stated in your first post) is the beep and flashing screen, you'll have to fiddle with the VCO adjustment to see if you can get it to lock at that low of a freq. That can be done with a voltmeter and a very very small screwdriver.

Status
Not open for further replies.