• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Are there any Kenwood P25 dealers here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RK3AAG

Hi all!

I am looking for ham friendly Kenwood P25 dealers in US. Need some license for NX-5000 series. Most of Kewnood dealers are not authorised for P25 line.

Duster

Supposedly Retired...
Database Admin
It sounds like he's asking to PURCHASE the key legally. I can't see that being an issue, especially if he's having trouble finding a dealer. Just my .02

Sent from my Samsung S5 using Tapatalk

RK3AAG

Thanks, guys! Exactly. I no need any keys and no way to get them illegally, because all of NX-5000 options should be validated via internet or offline. So I am looking for dealer to buy option needed. My dealer can't help me.

sfd119

Ok working for a dealer I will ask you what options you want why you need them.

Why does it matter? He wants to buy it, who cares what the reason is. P25 isn't illegal or secret.

After talking to the owner he said he would only sell p25 to a user with a p25 fcc license with his name on it in person.

What about HAM Bands, eh? It appears as OP is a Ham which means he can operate P25 on the Ham band if he so inclined. He's FCC licensed for Ham, does that not count with your dealer?

Guess he likes turning down income then...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No kidding. Ignorance is high with this one.

No problem, but thanks for trying.

P.S.
ABeep? :)

Send me a PM, I may be able to help you.

RK3AAG

I am in process of purchasing with some other person. If he can't help, I'll get back to you.

bearcat780

We demand to know why buttrousa needs all of those p25 capable radios. Reasons in a numbered list and justifications for each.

Why does it matter? He wants to buy it, who cares what the reason is. P25 isn't illegal or secret.

What about HAM Bands, eh? It appears as OP is a Ham which means he can operate P25 on the Ham band if he so inclined. He's FCC licensed for Ham, does that not count with your dealer?

No kidding. Ignorance is high with this one.

Send me a PM, I may be able to help you.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
As stated from the P25 Standards page.
Project 25 (P25 or APCO-25) is a suite of standards for digital radio communications for use by federal, state/province and local public safety agencies in North America to enable them to communicate with other agencies and mutual aid response teams in emergencies.
Ham is not a Government Agency and the owner wishes to keep his Kenwood Dealership just as the local dealer in the OP home area.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
As stated from the P25 Standards page.
Project 25 (P25 or APCO-25) is a suite of standards for digital radio communications for use by federal, state/province and local public safety agencies in North America to enable them to communicate with other agencies and mutual aid response teams in emergencies.
Ham is not a Government Agency and the owner wishes to keep his Kenwood Dealership just as the local dealer in the OP home area.
Funny that, i know of two P25 systems that are not owned or used by Public Safety... both happen to be oil companies. Nothing says that P25 is only for PS, and cant be sold to someone that wants a radio with the capability... like i said your boss does not sound lime he likes making sales...

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
And so what if ham is not government agency... there are lots of P25 ham repeaters, and even a P25 linked system for ham operators... your boss is a bit narrow minded

sfd119

Quoting Wikipedia as reliable legal source? P25 is a radio standard, not a law. Either you don't know what you're talking about, or you don't work for a dealer. Just admit it.

It's not illegal to posses P25 equipment. Its not illegal to sell or buy P25 equipment...including firmware bumps.

RK3AAG

looks like JVC-Kenwood doesn't need private users. Motorola sells them, Icom sells, Harris sells, but not Kenwood. Good luck to their business, but I worry that Hytera and other chinese brohers will kick out most of radio manufacturers soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.