RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial, Professional Radio and Personal Radio > Kenwood Forum

Kenwood Forum - For discussion of land mobile radio products manufactured by Kenwood. This is to include the TK(R) and NX(R) series radios and their associated accessories. This forum is not for the TM series; use Amateur Radio Equipment.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Yesterday, 9:37 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Receive list DMR

On my Moto gear receive groups are selected at the individual personality whereas on my nx5300 I seem to have to commit entire system to the same receive list. Is this correct or am I missing something? Normally I put all of a single repeater site talkgroups in a single system with separate personalities for each GID. A few of those personalities may have a receive group associated with it but not the same receive group for all. Most personalities have only 1 GID. The work around would be a single site in a single zone spanning multiple systems which seems awkward and hard to manage.
Sponsored links
Old Yesterday, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03msc View Post
It's always amazed me that DMR and P25 don't have OTAA "caller ID" like NXDN. Crazy.
Over the air alias? Moto can do that in P25, Hytera can do that in DMR.
Old Yesterday, 1:41 PM

Group,

I have a couple of questions if anyone can help point me in the right direction. In the section called "Scan List" under the "Scan" tab, is this the same thing as "Group ID Scan" like found in the Motorola radios for scanning multiple Talk Groups for the same repeater in DMR? Trying to setup "Group ID Scan" in the NX5000. Also where do I setup the "Roaming" feature so it will go to the strongest signal based on the RSSI meter?

Thanks,
Doug
Old Yesterday, 2:24 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default My list "theory " so far

Doug, you and I are asking same question about scan lists. I still don't know what the "persistent group list" is. you can create a max of 32 GID lists each of which can be scanned by checking a box under personality and selecting one of the lists. Unlike Motorola there is no separate digital contacts master list. So every group list is a potential group receive/scan list. Now this is mostly speculation on my part since I'm as new to this as you are. I'm in NC and our linked dmr system uses about 5 GID's mostly with option of a few more such as regional TG's etc. I guess all ot these GID's (TG's) should be put in a single list just big enough to hold them (you can custom size list capacity). When a personality is created for a repeater pair on this system I'd select that list, pick ptt selcall from it and if I then check group scan box it will receive every GID in that list. Unchecked it only receives the ptt selcall GID.
The limiting factor is 32 lists. In Motorola I'm not sure there is a limit to "group receive" lists, in fact you can make one for every personality till memory full. Some people create a group list for every personality (channel) even if it only has 1 member. With Kenwood you only have 32 lists, big or small to select ptt selcall and receive GID. Check the box and you scan whole list.

So, this is my theory and hopefully someone will correct it for you and me both!
Old Yesterday, 2:32 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by N3AAG View Post
Over the air alias? Moto can do that in P25, Hytera can do that in DMR.
But doesn't it only show the radio ID number and not the "name" unless the name is programmed on the receiving radio?
Sponsored links
Old Yesterday, 7:04 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
But doesn't it only show the radio ID number and not the "name" unless the name is programmed on the receiving radio?
No, Properly equipped/programmed Motorola P25 radios can use a Soft ID which will send a alphanumerical text string in the data stream as the ID. I do not recall the character limit off the top of my head, but you can make it say AB1CDE - Billy as the ID if you wanted.
Old Yesterday, 7:12 PM
KE4FHH
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyboy View Post
No, Properly equipped/programmed Motorola P25 radios can use a Soft ID which will send a alphanumerical text string in the data stream as the ID. I do not recall the character limit off the top of my head, but you can make it say AB1CDE - Billy as the ID if you wanted.
Soft ID was dropped several revisions ago for the Astro25 line. The latest firmware does not support soft ID. You now have to create an Astro ID list just like you would for DMR.
Old Yesterday, 10:02 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescue161 View Post
Soft ID was dropped several revisions ago for the Astro25 line. The latest firmware does not support soft ID. You now have to create an Astro ID list just like you would for DMR.
Thanks
Old Yesterday, 10:35 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Works on the APX line, but this seems to have sidetracked since this is a Kenwood Thread.
Sponsored links
Old Today, 1:13 AM

Quote:
Air aliases no need other parties programming. Alias send via air.