• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

OK guys I got a new one that will knock your socks off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

toastycookies

rRdWrXJ.jpg

s4spXGS.jpg

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
I bought a $170 iPad Mini 2 cellular on eBay..........a $500 iPhone 6s Plus showed up in the box........I notified the seller immediately because I am not a horrible person. :p

Once the exchange was finished, the $170 iPad Mini 2 arrived at my doorstep......iCLOUD LOCKED. I should have kept the iPhone 6s Plus. :-D

Paul

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I Got my 71A for $100 off retail price, so i had to do the victory dance! Toasty clearly got the better deal! Take Kenwood over iJunk any day! :). 73, n9zas

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
So I just thought I won a TK-8180 for $25.

Kenwood BK B180 K Digital Transceiver | eBay

Figured the seller didn't know wtf they were talking about so I got a sweet find.

Um a brand new NX-820HG-K2 just showed up on my porch I kid you ****ing not. Did I just win the lottery?

Unless you need NXDN, I would ask for my money back. Digital mode aside, the TK-8180 is a much more capable analogue radio.

The TK-8180 has more channels, 512 vs 128 and a dot matrix display. Nice catch none the less!

toastycookies

UPDATE

Update.

I received the 8180.

KCUTFRH.jpg

zr8ytuu.jpg

This was after I made a fool of myself telling him he sent a brand new expensive radio to me instead of the one in the auction. Now I understand why he had no idea what I was talking about.

Still have no idea where the NX-820 came from.

gewecke

Banned
Update.

I received the 8180.

KCUTFRH.jpg

zr8ytuu.jpg

This was after I made a fool of myself telling him he sent a brand new expensive radio to me instead of the one in the auction. Now I understand why he had no idea what I was talking about.

Still have no idea where the NX-820 came from.
Did the 8180 work satifactorily? Just wondered, never played with one. 73, n9zas

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Did the 8180 work satifactorily? Just wondered, never played with one. 73, n9zas

While I can not specifically speak to this particular radio, the TK-x180's are excellent radios. The software is very easy to use, it's straight forward to work with. Firmware updates(few and far between, unlike Motorola) are straight forward as well.

For an analogue radio they are excellent, and with the correct firmware will do both Fleetsync and MDC1200, on a per zone basis. Do 2 tone decode and transmit. Scanning is very flexible and easy to program, and for the wacker-types, there is a TPT with out sending anything over the air.

gewecke

Banned
While I can not specifically speak to this particular radio, the TK-x180's are excellent radios. The software is very easy to use, it's straight forward to work with. Firmware updates(few and far between, unlike Motorola) are straight forward as well.

For an analogue radio they are excellent, and with the correct firmware will do both Fleetsync and MDC1200, on a per zone basis. Do 2 tone decode and transmit. Scanning is very flexible and easy to program, and for the wacker-types, there is a TPT with out sending anything over the air.
Thanks for the insight. Been eyeing one as a extra radio for 70cm/ Gmrs. :). 73, n9zas

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Thanks for the insight. Been eyeing one as a extra radio for 70cm/ Gmrs. :). 73, n9zas

You will not be disappointed. They are pretty reasonably priced on fleabay. There are high and low powered models, and come in a few different variants:

TK-8180K 1-30w, 450-520MHz(1-25w 490-520)
TK-8180K2 1-30w 400-470MHz
TK-8180HK 25-50w 450-520MHz
TK-8180HK2 25-50w 400-470MHz

Edit:

The TK-8180 450-520MHz is part 95 certified as well for those that want to be legit on GMRS.

Last edited:

partsguyneo

So I just thought I won a TK-8180 for $25.

Kenwood BK B180 K Digital Transceiver | eBay

Figured the seller didn't know wtf they were talking about so I got a sweet find.

Um a brand new NX-820HG-K2 just showed up on my porch I kid you ****ing not. Did I just win the lottery?

Hey toastycookies: Any chance the NX-820HG-K2 was delivered by FedEx with a tracking number of 783706690096? FedEx lost one that I sold on Ebay. The buyer happened to see this thread by chance and wondered if you got his radio by mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.