Facebook comments on live audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingspirit

Is there a way for a feed provider to remove the possibility or to do some control over the Facebook comments?

Thanks !

richtidd

Database Admin
Is there a way for a feed provider to remove the possibility or to do some control over the Facebook comments?

Thanks !

Re Facebook comments: There isn't an ability to do this for individual feeds – it's part of the broadcast system and helps promote activity across the live audio platform. If someone is abusing the process or posting comments that are problematic, you can contact Lindsay and he can take care of that on our end.

kingspirit

Facebook Comments

Hi Lindsay

I would like radioreference to give the possibility to feed providers to enable/disable facebook comments. why ... :

1-The facebook applet does not look gook under google chrome for my feed

2- I don't have the time to screen all the comments. Lindsay or any other administrator over RR don't have the skills required to understand all the comments about my feed since they are in an encrypted language named : "French"

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/?feedId=6288

Some examples :

Utilisateur Facebook6 février
Salut JOE ZAZA, Dans la vie, y'a deux bords, les crottés (dont tu fais parti) pis les Super HÉros (la Police), malheureusement pour toi, tu as choisi de faire parti des perdants (les crottés) car en 2011, avec la recherche grâce au Centre Canadien de la Police, la science policière est des plus performantes pour contrer les p'tits malfrats comme toi. Eh oui, tu peux bien me taxer de tous les noms, je te considère comme une pleureuse. Donc, paies-toi la traite pis braille en masse, comme ça les yeux pleins d'eau, tu vas rester chez-toi pis tu ne commettras pas d'infraction au code criminel pis parce que tu brailles en masse, tu vas te protéger le cul bien malgré toi toutefois. Sur ce.... bonne journée

Donald Rouleau5 février
Anonymous...Tu chanteras pas la même chanson le jour où y vont te tabasser....Crois moi

Francis Ouellet5 février
ouin ben je suis pas mal addict moi la

thegrenouille911@yahoo.ca4 février
Ça change grandement ma perception de la Police SPVM, ils sont multidisciplinaires; intervenant en gestion de crise, psychologue, pacificateur, bref, des professionnels en tout points. Je pense qu'Ils méritent notre respect et notre considération. Puis si vous écoutez bien les échanges, vous vous apercevrez qu'ils sont très polis les uns envers les autres, et envers tout autre intervenant; centrale 911, SQ, SIM.
C'est très instructif aussi pour les codes.

Any solution ?

Last edited:

PeterGV

K1PGV
kingspirit;1476630Lindsay or any other administrator over RR don't have the skills required to understand all the comments about my feed since they are in an encrypted language named : "French" ... Any solution ?[/QUOTE said:
Did you try to translate this with Google Translate? It takes some imagination, but you can usually get the gist of what's being said.

Peter
K1PGV

SCPD

QRT
As stated, Google Translate helps you get the just of it.

Utilisateur Facebook6 février
Salut JOE ZAZA, Dans la vie, y'a deux bords, les crottés (dont tu fais parti) pis les Super HÉros (la Police), malheureusement pour toi, tu as choisi de faire parti des perdants (les crottés) car en 2011, avec la recherche grâce au Centre Canadien de la Police, la science policière est des plus performantes pour contrer les p'tits malfrats comme toi. Eh oui, tu peux bien me taxer de tous les noms, je te considère comme une pleureuse. Donc, paies-toi la traite pis braille en masse, comme ça les yeux pleins d'eau, tu vas rester chez-toi pis tu ne commettras pas d'infraction au code criminel pis parce que tu brailles en masse, tu vas te protéger le cul bien malgré toi toutefois. Sur ce.... bonne journée

Equals

User Facebook6 February
Hello JOE ZAZA, In life, there's two sides, the dirty (which you belong) the worst Super Hero (Police), unfortunately for you, you chose to be part of the losers (droppings) as in 2011 With research through the Canadian Centre for Police, police science is most efficient to counter p'tits thugs like you. Yep, you might as well accuse me of all the names, I consider you as a mourner. So, now payroll trafficking worse Braille mass as it eyes full of water, you'll stay with you now worse not commit criminal breach of the code worse because you braille mass, you'll protect you *** in spite of yourself though. On this .... good day

mkescan

Is there a way for feed owners to see who Likes our feed? I see the numbers, but not the names of who likes it.

SCPD

QRT
Is there a way for feed owners to see who Likes our feed? I see the numbers, but not the names of who likes it.
Since this is a Facebook provided control, I don't think Facebook allows that or gives that option even though I could be wrong. I didn't know site owners could delete messages.

mkescan

Since this is a Facebook provided control, I don't think Facebook allows that or gives that option even though I could be wrong. I didn't know site owners could delete messages.

I just now discovered that the person who likes your feed must have their account set so anyone can see their Likes. You can see what I mean here City of Madison Fire Department Live Scanner Audio Feed
I am happy with the Facebook comment feature, I always wonder what people want or don't want on feeds, and other comments they might have.

SCPD

QRT
I see "14 people like this. Be the first of your friends." and after I like it I see my name only.

mkescan

Correction to my previous post, you will only see who likes your feed if you are Facebook friends with that person.

SCPD

QRT
For the most part, peeps are not going to leave bad comments, too easy to contact FB and have someone posting negative comments dealt with. Also, I haven't really heard a bad feed on radio reference. heard a few with issues (Like mine) but never a BAD feed. I think hommie up here might have an issue with someone he knows rather than an anonymous snert out reaking havoc. I like viewing the fan comments - keeps the feed running smooth.

SCPD

QRT
Facebook comments update.

Thanks for removing the possibility to post anonymous comments.

Now, if there is again some abuse, how do I report it ?

Thanks !

redhat

Editing Facebook Posts

I have this post on my feed:

"Facebook User May 14

**** opd"

Why can I not delete it or profanities like it???

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I had a problem with Facebook too. It would be nice to remove the feature altogether, (but they are probably making a large contribution). Unfortunately Facebook is not censored, and very popular with gang bangers and drug dealers, (anti-police). It doesn't seem to get used much here except by people unfamiliar with radioreference and their rules and regulations.

One thing you could do redhat is have someone you trust with a Facebook account make numerous positive posts and push that comment off of the front page anyway.

Or you could contact Facebook directly and see if they can remove that comment since it is inappropriate, even though I have not had any success contacting them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.