ScanAmerica Feeds Now Live on RadioReference.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Folks,

We made the switch today -- all feed are now hosted on the RadioReference platform.

Some quick updates for everyone on the status of the conversion:

1) Right now the feed archive processing is currently down due to some technical difficulties during the conversion. The integration projects sometimes results in these issue. We'll need probably a day or two to work through the problem and make sure that a fix is stable enough to work properly. I'll keep you advised.

Existing feed recording are still available.

2) We are going to hold off on alerting and notifications for feeds down etc until we can make sure everything is stable. The last thing I want to do is blast out 1000's of emails to all of you just because we had a bug on our end.

Gordon and I will be working hard this week to solidify everything. Rest assured that we'll have much more for you in the coming week.

Thanks for your support, and welcome to the RadioReference community.

NYRHKY94

Nice job on the live feed integration (you too Gordon)! Also, thanks for the premium subscription for all us feed providers :) Couple questions guys:

1) Does that premium freebie continue year-to-year as long we provide feeds?
2) How will we be receiving the listener statistics and other feed data we used to get from Gordon?
3) Who do we contact at RR for feed-related Q&A, trouble-shooting etc.?

Thanks!

P.S. Feel free to remove the same post I just entered under Site Administration. Sorry about that!

Last edited:

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Some answers to the questions:

1. Feed Stats are "Coming Soon" We are tracking everything... but not reporting it yet. we've got good plans big plans for this..

2. If your feed is down for more than 7 days, it will be set inactive and you will lose your premium subscriber status.

3. You can use the "help" link at the top of the page - or audio {at} radioreference.com. We'll get on it for you!

4. Search functions are a good idea, so we'll look at doing that. Unfortunately, we will not be providing dedicated Military/Fed feeds. Exceptions would be the NASA launches etc - but we are not providing military and federal feeds (for obvious reasons).

Thanks guys!

SCPD

QRT
Windows Media Player issue

This is what I get when I try to listen to my feed through RR

Windows Media Player cannot play the file because a network error occurred. The server might not be available. Verify that you are connected to the network and that your proxy settings are correct.

jasonpeoria911

Database Admin
For the WMP feed, you need to make sure the link opening has an ".asx" extension. I noticed it was quite buggy when I refreshed the page that it switched back to the WMP link when it was selected up as winamp in the pulldown list. So I had to select WMP and then back to winamp again for it to switch back. So that thru me for a loop at first also before I noticed that it switched the extension back.

Jason

This is what I get when I try to listen to my feed through RR

Windows Media Player cannot play the file because a network error occurred. The server might not be available. Verify that you are connected to the network and that your proxy settings are correct.

FD4

Feed Provider
I signed up for a Radio Reference account, since my scanamerica login wouldn't work. How do we get the premium subscription?

N0TDL

Lindsay and Gordon , im aware you 2 are very busy , just wanted to let you know my Lawrence , Barry , Christain , Newton and Greene County Missouri feeds are not working , i have been trying to listen , when i click to play they just stay in a buffering type status

The pop up web player will not work , it also stays buffering

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Lindsay and Gordon , im aware you 2 are very busy , just wanted to let you know my Lawrence , Barry , Christain , Newton and Greene County Missouri feeds are not working , i have been trying to listen , when i click to play they just stay in a buffering type status

I am getting the exact same thing. Embedded Media player, And all optional Media Players.

mckinscan

Feed Provider
Unable to connect to any of the Spartanburg County South Carolina Feeds.

Update my Feed is now working.

Last edited:

SWCOScanner

Feed Provider
Further Update:

I cannot reliably make any scanner play in the web player or Windows Media - once in a while it works, but not very often. However, if I use Winamp, it connects about 25% of the time.

Last edited:

safari18

scanner title issues

I provided 3 collin county, texas feeds

1 Allen, Frisco, Parker, Lucas, Fire and PD
2 Collin county fire and pd
3 Plano police and fire

Issue with currents names saying
"allen frisco parker & amp: and lucas fire pd"

only in the audio player on main page can that be fixed ?

titles customer/listeners can click on at the bottom say the title correct

smooth switch otherwise great job Gordon and RR

jasonpeoria911

Database Admin
So here's a little recap of some bugs/suggestions from the various threads we have going on here, (besides the stability issue & archives not working)...

1) An "all feed view" option for each state
2) Longer "new addition" list with the state name & possibly the date it was added
3) Possible shout boxes for each state for breaking incidents, or some way to incorporate a forum view from the individual state.

4) various feed connection issues from some users

5) Maybe show media player icons instead of the pull down list, because say your on winamp in the pulldown, then do a refresh, the extension reverts back to WMP but its still winamp in the pulldown. Thus you have to switch to another option and back to winamp. A lot of users will get confused over that and think the feed isn't working because the extension is wrong for the chosen media player.

6) Javascript for personal websites to show if feed is online or not and current listeners

I think that's about it for now I do believe.

Jason

rckydenver

Unable to connect to my feed using the Windows Media Player and Winamp. My feed is in Colorado, Jefferson Cnty, West Metro PD & Fire and EMS Does show that I'm online.

manross

First thanks for all the hard work done by all who was involved. Just to report that the El Paso County, Colorado feeds audio is extremely low (basically unreadable) on all feeds....when I can connect, intermittently .

Marty

SCPD

QRT
Well Progress seems to be working. I wonder if any of y'all slept yet?

Feed fired up sucessfully this morning. Audio sounds good too. Maybe the powers to be worked through the nice to fix this stuff. Thank's, will try other Media Players later today, At the moment I'm going to Suck down enormos amounts of coffee and listen to mine and others feeds and learn the navagation better.

Cheers! I think a round of appaluse is due for LB, Gordon and the RR Crew!

Status
Not open for further replies.