Link to asx file keeps changing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian7M3

Premium Subscriber
It seems like the link to the streaming audio keeps changing. Apparently this is by design.

For example 147.505MHz and 444.500MHz Amateur Radio Repeaters was the link at one point but the last part "4985801588" keeps changing.

The reason this matters is because I use to run my own streaming audio server for our ham radio club but now that RadioReference has Live Audio, I have switched our custom player to point to the asx file from RadioReference but I've had to go in and change the file for the last two days. Is there a permanant link you can give me or some way so point to whatever 1170 keeps changing to?

Thank you,
Brian

bezking

This was mentioned in a previous thread. Basically, your stream URL WILL change unless you pay RadioReference for a static url.

Brian7M3

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Bezking,

Can you tell me how to get in touch with whoever I need to so I can determine if this is the route I want to go? I tried sending a message to Lindsay but it says he doesn't accept private messages.

Thanks

brandon

Database Admin
I don't know about .asx but for .m3u you can save the .m3u playlist and open the file in notepad to see the exact URL. The best way is to just copy the saved .m3u playlist to your own site and link to that from your media player. This is how you can listen from a phone or WiFi radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.