Increase the buffer.
I have been using a simple fix for my WinAmp buffer problems:
* Start WinAmp.
* Press CTRL+P (Press Control key and without releasing it, press the P key as well)
* In the menu on the left select the 'Input' option below 'Plug-ins'
* In the right menu select the plugin
'Nullsoft MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 Audio decoder'.
* Click the 'Configure' button
* Click the rightmost tab in the newly opened window (streaming)
* In the box below 'Streaming Data Buffer' enter the value 128 (instead of 64)
* Change the right slide to about 25% (instead of 10%)(the slide above the text: (how
much to prebuffer after a bufferunderrun)).
Link to source:
Buffer problems with WinAMP | Buffer problemen met WinAMP