My live feed is showing offline for 8+ hours .But yet it is streaming and working ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iphostway

Feed Provider
I have rebooted and restarted scannercast but still no good the feed is streaming fine even know it is showing offline and no users .. I can play it from the link just fine .. Feed ID 141 coos and grafton county NH police and fire .. Please can someone tell me who to email to get this fixed .... My other feeds are streaming fine .. it's just this one showing offline ..

Thanks

Iphostway
feed id 141
feed link for coos county nh look at bottom shows offline Coos County, New Hampshire (NH) Live Police, Fire, and EMS Scanners on RadioReference.com

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
think its a server issue i have similar problem with mine it shows online but yet the stats say offline and my feed i pulled offline at 7pm eastern.. Their working on it..

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
I have rebooted and restarted scannercast but still no good the feed is streaming fine even know it is showing offline and no users .. I can play it from the link just fine .. Feed ID 141 coos and grafton county NH police and fire .. Please can someone tell me who to email to get this fixed .... My other feeds are streaming fine .. it's just this one showing offline ..

Thanks

Iphostway
feed id 141
feed link for coos county nh look at bottom shows offline Coos County, New Hampshire (NH) Live Police, Fire, and EMS Scanners on RadioReference.com

Please bare with us, it seems we are having some issues. Lindsay has been notified.

Last edited:

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
I am having the opposite problem...my feeds are online, they are shown on the feeds part of the site as being online, BUT...I'm getting e-mails, etc that they are offline!

K

kb0nly

Yeah same here as firescannerbob...

My feeds are online, they show they are online on the site, but i keep getting the email notices that the feed is offline. I had one this morning that said it was last seen 30 minutes ago so i checked and i can connect to my feed, but i restarted oddcast just in case.. Then just a few minutes ago i got an email that said the feed has been offline for 6 hours, but i'm listening to it right now on the laptop so its connected and working, the site even shows connected, but i'm getting the emails saying its not.

jeffoli

Premium Subscriber
System Emailing Me My Feeds Are Offline When They Aren't

I know it has been reported in other parts of the country but I am also getting email indicating my feeds are offline in Monterey County when in fact they are still up and running. This has been happening for a few days on and off.

hacksaw

Premium Subscriber
Me too.

The following feed was last seen 6 hours ago:

on a related note, I also noticed since the change over, I don't get the Feed has been restoreed message, I did get one, one time. anyone else?

mrkelso

MY Teaneck NJ feed is being emailed as offline to me when in fact it is up and running. Just thoght i would let someone know. Thanks

clgerwick

I am broadcasting through scannercast and I am getting the emails that says it's offline.

I guess all we can do is just wait until they get the problem fixed..

ajpritch

I am getting the same message for my feed in Ohio. It was fine when it was on Scanmerica.us now that it was converted I get messages all the time saying its offline even though its not. It is connected and the website shows its up as well. I also no longer get emails saying the feed is online like I used to with Scanamerica.

jcb209

Feed Provider
I, too, am also getting offline messages.

This is what I'm seeing if it will help you nail down the problem:

1. What my Oddcast is showing is that I'm connected, however, no dB bars are showing.
2. On the Ohio Mahoning County webpage, I click on my stream, it will not connect/no audio. It shows online.

I have rebooted also.

Thanks.

richtidd

Database Admin
Lindsay just e-mail me that he is aware of the false offline messages & incorrect feed status issues. He is working to correct the problems.

Please bare with us.

No technology is fool proof and it takes a lot or technology and hard work to keep RR up and running, and live audio is a beast.

KMA367

Premium Subscriber
It's working better than it thinks

No technology is fool proof and it takes a lot or technology and hard work to keep RR up and running, and live audio is a beast.
Oh, but it's such a good and useful beast! I got the same offline-ness message, but I can hear me on my other computer and my feed page shows me as being ON line, so it's working better than it thinks!

Keep up the great work guys.

SCPD

QRT
I've had so many problems with radioreference software staying online, I dumped it and went back to the MUCH more reliable Shoutcast service. But, then again, we are talking about hundreds of streamers on a mom-n-pop service versus gazillions on a international corporation. I guess it's a matter of budget. So, support what you love!

K4IHS

Premium Subscriber
I may go back to Shoutcast too. Every other day... it's a different issue here... :-(

mp531

im also getting the offline emails but my feed is online. Computers are a pain. Good luck with the fix Lindsey.

j2brown

Feed Provider
I run 3 feeds using Ices2 and am still getting the error messages, so I don't think that changing to Shoutcast will fix this problem (unless you plan to feed your stream directly to the listeners).

jeff
sdg

K4IHS

Premium Subscriber
I was at Shoutcast for 5 years and the only time I went off-line was when I did something wrong or lost my Internet connection. The reason I came to RR was for the ability of multiple streams from one PC. I love RR but the reliability hasn't been very good recently. :-(

mm68gto

Feed Provider
Might as well add mine, keep getting email that my feed is offline but when I come to RR and listen it is streaming ok?

n0nhp

Just to add a me too to the list of feeds getting the offline emails and improper reporting of online status in the stats.

Bruce

Status
Not open for further replies.