RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Site Administration Forums > Live Audio Feed Administration

Live Audio Feed Administration Administration topics for live audio broadcasting on RadioReference.com. This forum is for feed providers to get support.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-17-2010, 2:23 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Can I get some feeback?

Wichita City Police - West and South Sides Live Scanner Audio Feed

Would someone please give me some feedback on my feed? I got a email saying it wasn't good enough to listen to. I have monitored and saw no problems. So if ya have a free sec, please check it out for me... Thanks!!!
Sponsored links
Old 03-17-2010, 5:21 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I just listened, and it's LOUD! Much louder than other feeds I normally listen to, had to turn the volume almost all the way down. There is also a low background hum and "ticking" noise that could be annoying after a while during quiet times, but that could just be a side effect of having the gain up too high.

You may try turning down the record level some, see how that does. I tried to set mine so it would sound right at my normal volume level on the computer, and so it sounded about the same as other feeds I listen to. (That way, if I have two on at once I'm not blasted by a louder one trying to hear a quieter one.) I don't use the RR software (or even Windows for that matter) so I'm not sure if there is some "standard" or some indicators to show signal levels that others use...
Old 03-17-2010, 10:38 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

The audio sounds a bit hot.

Download the free VU meter and run that on the PC that your scanner is plugged into.

Make sure your audio is under 0db. I prefer it peaking between -3 and -2
Audio Level Meter