RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Site Administration Forums > Live Audio Feed Administration

Live Audio Feed Administration Administration topics for live audio broadcasting on Broadcastify.com. This forum is for feed providers to get support.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-17-2010, 9:58 AM
K1PGV, ScannerCast author
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Hey John,

Thanks sooo much for the kind words. I definitely appreciate it.

You're not the only one who had the problem, so it definitely needs fixing.

I'm VERY glad to hear you're doing fine with the previous version. Given that there was no change in audio processing between the two versions except the recycle, you should be fine using that version for a while.

Peter
K1PGV
Sponsored links
Old 11-26-2010, 7:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bote View Post
I fell back to ScannerCast v0.13 (1224) and it does the same thing, so it must be some weirdness with that machine. A Google search reveals that other developers using .NET Framework have encountered the same error message, but nobody knew how to solve it.
Cancel red alert.

My host (VirtBiz) moved my virtual machine to another physical machine since the old one was clearly having serious problems, and now the feeds are rock-solid. (For example, the old machine would take 3-4 real seconds to register 1 second elapsed time on its real-time system clock. You can imagine the havoc that was causing with processes requiring snappy response.)

I'm puzzled that the Icecast server getting bogged down was making the encoder appear to fritz out, but as long as it's all working OK now I'm happy.
Old 03-15-2011, 2:23 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Default ScannerCast crash on Remote Desktop

I'm also seeing Scannercast crashing after 3am every morning, but i think only if Remote Desktop to that computer.
Here's the meeesage from log file:
16-Mar-2011 03:17:32 Recycling audio subsystem for maintenance.
Old 03-18-2011, 3:34 PM
K1PGV, ScannerCast author
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I need to get a new version of ScannerCast released. I've make several changes, and those have been tested internally... but I haven't finished all the changes I'd like to make for the next release.

Peter
K1PGV
Old 03-18-2011, 4:43 PM

Take your time to get it right. I'd rather wait a bit to use something solid than suffer with something that hasn't been fully vetted, like say...most MicroSoft products. :-)

FYI, I recently replaced SimpleCast with RadioFeed on my BC780 scanner feed. SimpleCast kept crashing every few days and RadioFeed was the only free alternative that talks to the BC780.

Anyway, my point is that it consumes 2-5 times the CPU resources that ScannerCast does, yet it is written for .NET Framework as well. I even parked it on the static "About" screen to eliminate the level meters that might be running things up, yet no reduction.

ScannerCast is still easiest on the machine. Kudos.
Sponsored links