Feed has disconnected from the server

Status
Not open for further replies.

llwade

Premium Subscriber
I have received the message, "Feed has disconnected from the server" at least once every day, for the last three days. I am listening to my own feed, and know everything is OK on my end. I checked both browsers and they are working fine on other sites. when I restart the feed it works fine until tomorrow when we do it again. what gives ????????????

scaninnyc

I have received the message, "Feed has disconnected from the server" at least once every day, for the last three days. I am listening to my own feed, and know everything is OK on my end. I checked both browsers and they are working fine on other sites. when I restart the feed it works fine until tomorrow when we do it again. what gives ????????????

Hopefully it's upgrade related, my feed has been dropping all day today and the audio level meter in the online player has also changed.

jasonpeoria911

Database Admin
Yep, I posted in another thread that theirs been a lot of feed crashing the last 3 days. And it just happened again right now, 10,000 listeners down to 1,500. I'm sure Lindsay will get er figured out soon though.

Jason

llwade

Premium Subscriber
feed disconnected from server, again !

I use my own feed, to listen to my scanner.

It is getting old seeing the feed has disconnected from the server.
that means my scanner is quiet & not broadcasting.
that also means I can't hear anything

it has been several days now. how much longer until the problem is fixed?

witch

I am getting the same message at least once every 15-30 minutes all day. very frustrating

jasonpeoria911

Database Admin
Problem seems to be getting worse, Keeps going down on me every 10 minutes or so for the last 2 hours.

Jason

GordonE

Live Audio Administrator
Feed Provider
I am getting the same message at least once every 15-30 minutes all day. very frustrating
I checked and there are no live audio feeds associated with your account, are you providing a feed which is associated with another RadioReference username?

It appears that your problem is different than the other ones being reported since you're receiving the e-mails 15-30 minutes as opposed to once a day.

-- Gordon

GordonE

Live Audio Administrator
Feed Provider
I've been noticing the same thing today.
Are you receiving offline e-mails for both of your feeds?

I checked the server log and it shows that /va_spotsylvania has been online since the 2nd and that /303844166 went offline once earlier today.

-- Gordon

GordonE

Live Audio Administrator
Feed Provider
Hopefully it's upgrade related, my feed has been dropping all day today and the audio level meter in the online player has also changed.
When you say it's dropping, does the encoder show that it disconnected and reconnected?

I checked the four feeds you're providing and the server log shows that none of them went offline today and that a couple of them have been up for 2-3 days without any problems.

-- Gordon

GordonE

Live Audio Administrator
Feed Provider
Kendrik explained the problem to me further in that the (main) problem is that people are getting disconnected while listening to the feeds (as opposed to the feed encoder getting disconnected).

-- Gordon

SCPD

QRT
No the encoder is staying up it is kicking off people using web player and I tunes on my feed about every 10-45 min

ffexpCP

wizard of odd
Database Admin
This weekend I upgraded and reformatted my streaming computer. Ever since then I've been having issues with streaming (among other things...grr...) and have been trying to fix it.

I'll give up trying to troubleshoot it until I know the problem isn't on my end.

Status
Not open for further replies.