Error syncing to stream?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bglatour001

This morning my stream was playing fine, now all of a sudden I cannot connect because of an error syncing to the stream. Now looking at my stats, no downtime at my end. What is going on? I've tried Winamp, the web player and iTunes and cannot connect.

mkwodei

Premium Subscriber
Change it audio format

They all of a sudden switched from an .asx file to a .m3u file and it broke ALL the feeds. Winamp reports "error syncing to feed" the java web player won't connect, iTunes and Windows media player too and the blackberry app reports it as an unsupported audio type.

GordonE

Live Audio Administrator
Feed Provider
There was a problem this morning with the servers that players connect to, the problem was fixed at around 8:45am ET.

-- Gordon

symtron

Feed Provider
GordonE, could you check the servers again. I cant seem to get iTunes to play on my BB. I noticed that iTunes and Winamp are downloading the same type of file (m3u instead of a .asx for iTunes)

Please have the team investigate

Thanks

Symtron
Premium User
Feed Supplier for Darlington Co, SC

GordonE

Live Audio Administrator
Feed Provider
There are no known issues with the servers.

If you're attempting to listen using BBScanner or Scanner Radio, check to make sure you're using version 1.7.9 or later, earlier versions of the app aren't compatible with a change to RadioReference's infrastructure 3-4 weeks ago. To find out what version you're using, run the app and then select "About" from the menu. You can get the latest version by going to http://ota.bbscanner.com using your phone's browser.

-- Gordon

symtron

Feed Provider
I was using the BB media player to listen, but you are correct the BBScanner is much better and it works great. Thanks. I had not heard of it until you posted tonight.

Something changed and the BB media player won't stream the iTunes version of the stream anylonger

Lloyd

jasonpeoria911

Database Admin
Hey Gordon, in the newest revision of Scanner Radio, you mentioned that you fixed the reconnect issue. What was the issue with that exactly?

I listen to Scanner Radio quite a bit at work and it disconnects/reconnects multiple times an hour. I thought it might of been my 3G data dropping but my Pandora runs smoothly. Not sure if it was related to that or not.

Jason

GordonE

Live Audio Administrator
Feed Provider
Hey Gordon, in the newest revision of Scanner Radio, you mentioned that you fixed the reconnect issue. What was the issue with that exactly?
If the connection to the server was lost the app wasn't automatically attempting to reconnect like it should.
I listen to Scanner Radio quite a bit at work and it disconnects/reconnects multiple times an hour. I thought it might of been my 3G data dropping but my Pandora runs smoothly. Not sure if it was related to that or not.
Nope, it would be unrelated.

-- Gordon

jasonpeoria911

Database Admin
Roger that Gordon, I think it may be something work related but will try it out more at home and see if it does the same. I'll let ya know.

Jason

jasonpeoria911

Database Admin
Alright Gordon, I tested Scanner Radio out at work some more and it appears the issue is something with either the app or radioreference. The feeds will cut out and keep reconnecting in cycles every 5-10 minutes.

I just downloaded droidlive lite which utilizes the shoutcast feeds and the scanner streams run perfectly. Pandora also streams with no interruptions.

I forgot to check the weather or railroad feeds on Scanner Radio, to see if it's a RR problem or Scanner Radio problem. I'll update this tomorrow probably, my phone is charging for rest of work day.

Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.