RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Site Administration Forums > Live Audio Feed Administration

Live Audio Feed Administration Administration topics for live audio broadcasting on Broadcastify.com. This forum is for feed providers to get support.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-13-2013, 1:49 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

not too offend anyone but i agree with nfd24norf and i wouldnt be offended if someone had abetter sounding feed then mine is im trying too improve on mine but when theres alot cleaer feed i wouldnt blameem just my 1 cents worth
Sponsored links
Old 03-13-2013, 2:35 AM
Live Audio Administrator
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfd24norf View Post
I am sure I am about to irritate some so I do apologize in advance. My biggest gripe is not allowing duplicate feeds. For example, both the Boston Fire Dept and Houston Fire Dept feeds are extremely, extremely staticy. I dont mean to pick on just those 2 because there are quite a few more that I could name off but anyhow, not allowing duplicate feeds does not allow competition. I have chatted with several people who want to provide a better audio quality Boston Fire Dept feed and are able to provide a feed with clearer audio and no static but are unable due to duplicate feed rule. Same deal with Houston. About 2 months ago there was a Baltimore City Fire Dept feed with no audio. Several people tried to contact the feed provider over a 2 month period and a person who wanted to provide a working Baltimore City FD feed was unable due to the duplicate feed rule. So what if 2 people want to provide the same feed? Let the listeners pick which one sounds better. I also have been in contact with someone who wants to provide a Houston Fire Dept feed. Take a listen to the current Houston Fire feed,(turn your speakers down before you do!!!) it is completely nothing but garbled static, I dont understand if someone can provide a better quality feed why they are not allowed. If someone is able to provide a better audio quality or improved signal they are unable due to the duplicate feed rule. I am hoping someone will be able to explain why the duplicate feed rule should remain.
We do not allow duplicate feeds, that is exact same feeds for several reasons, some include:
1 We do not want feed owners fighting over each other.

2 We do not want to pay to host the same feed more than once.
If we allowed duplicate feeds it could be more that just two.
It could be three, four or more feeds that we pay to host.
That is also a wast of resources & mounts.
It would cost us a lot of $$ in hosting duplicate feeds.

As far a feed quality:
We do & have bumped an existing feed in favor of a better feed for the same agencies.
Better feed would be better audio, location, up time, etc.

So, while we do not allow duplicate feeds, we do take a better feed over an existing poorer feed.

If you want to apply for a feed that already exists, we will first try to work with the feed owner to improve that feed. If that does not work, we can approve the new better feed & disable the existing feed to not have feed conflects. All we need to know from a new feed owner is the reason why they are submitting for a duplicate feed.
Live Audio Administrator

richtidd@broadcastify.com

My online scanners:
SMCo, Tuolumne Co
Old 04-02-2013, 1:11 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by richtidd View Post
We do not allow duplicate feeds, that is exact same feeds for several reasons, some include:
1 We do not want feed owners fighting over each other.

2 We do not want to pay to host the same feed more than once.
If we allowed duplicate feeds it could be more that just two.
It could be three, four or more feeds that we pay to host.
That is also a wast of resources & mounts.
It would cost us a lot of $$ in hosting duplicate feeds.

As far a feed quality:
We do & have bumped an existing feed in favor of a better feed for the same agencies.
Better feed would be better audio, location, up time, etc.

So, while we do not allow duplicate feeds, we do take a better feed over an existing poorer feed.

If you want to apply for a feed that already exists, we will first try to work with the feed owner to improve that feed. If that does not work, we can approve the new better feed & disable the existing feed to not have feed conflects. All we need to know from a new feed owner is the reason why they are submitting for a duplicate feed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfd24norf View Post
I am sure I am about to irritate some so I do apologize in advance. My biggest gripe is not allowing duplicate feeds. For example, both the Boston Fire Dept and Houston Fire Dept feeds are extremely, extremely staticy. I dont mean to pick on just those 2 because there are quite a few more that I could name off but anyhow, not allowing duplicate feeds does not allow competition. I have chatted with several people who want to provide a better audio quality Boston Fire Dept feed and are able to provide a feed with clearer audio and no static but are unable due to duplicate feed rule. Same deal with Houston. About 2 months ago there was a Baltimore City Fire Dept feed with no audio. Several people tried to contact the feed provider over a 2 month period and a person who wanted to provide a working Baltimore City FD feed was unable due to the duplicate feed rule. So what if 2 people want to provide the same feed? Let the listeners pick which one sounds better. I also have been in contact with someone who wants to provide a Houston Fire Dept feed. Take a listen to the current Houston Fire feed,(turn your speakers down before you do!!!) it is completely nothing but garbled static, I dont understand if someone can provide a better quality feed why they are not allowed. If someone is able to provide a better audio quality or improved signal they are unable due to the duplicate feed rule. I am hoping someone will be able to explain why the duplicate feed rule should remain.
Richard, I'm going to email you re: this.

Thanks,
Old 05-29-2013, 10:46 PM

Wondering if anyone knows if there is anywhere that you can post a request for a feed? Looking for Anne Arundel County police, all districts. Someone used to do a wonderful job with it but moved out of the area. Currently someone provides southern district only. We are out of range but really miss the previous feed. Any ideas as to how or if a request could be posted would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-07-2013, 9:26 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

do i really need a dedicated soundcard if i want to become a feed provider?
Sponsored links
Old 06-07-2013, 9:34 AM
Live Audio Administrator
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by colbyct View Post
do i really need a dedicated soundcard if i want to become a feed provider?
Please see here: How to Maintain a Good Feed
Live Audio Administrator

richtidd@broadcastify.com

My online scanners:
SMCo, Tuolumne Co
Old 08-15-2013, 8:49 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Default Feed Provider Stats Page

Hi. I was thinking that it would be cool to have statistics of what other countries or states are listening to the feed. My feed comes from Queensland in Australia and I am curious if people from USA or Canada listen to it, for example.
Sorry if this has been asked already. Couldn't see it anywhere
Cheers
Old 09-17-2013, 10:41 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

I would like to see the ability to have a push alert sent to an email or mobile phone number when a "breaking incident" is posted on the Feed Alert page. If it's already there, I can't see it.

Also, where is my Audio Feed Provider badge? I haven't seen it yet.
Old 09-18-2013, 2:42 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

I use Scanner Radio Pro app. for Android. I have an alert set for 1000 listeners on Broadcastify Alerts. You can set it for what ever amount you want. When it gets to that limit my phone beeps (OK, its a Rooster). My own feed I have it set to 35. I hardly listen to my feed. Too many scanners....On Broadcastify .....Manage feed... If you checked Anonymous Feed You wont get a badge on here. Uncheck it for a badge
Old 09-18-2013, 3:00 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcool101 View Post
I use Scanner Radio Pro app. for Android. I have an alert set for 1000 listeners on Broadcastify Alerts. You can set it for what ever amount you want. When it gets to that limit my phone beeps (OK, its a Rooster). My own feed I have it set to 35. I hardly listen to my feed. Too many scanners....On Broadcastify .....Manage feed... If you checked Anonymous Feed You wont get a badge on here. Uncheck it for a badge
Thanks for the Anonymous Feed thing. I've removed the check mark. I'm looking for this ability:

Let's say I have Corpus Christi PD as one of my favorite feeds. I'd like to have a push alert or notification when the feed broadcaster adds an alert for a "breaking incident."
Old 04-25-2014, 8:24 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Default Feed Status Timer

I think it would be neat to incorporate a timer to show how long a feed has been online/offline. This info is available to feed providers for their own feed, but why not make it public for all feeds. Could be as simple as the date and time under the status.

Thoughts?
ScanPEI.net | Facebook | Twitter

Tags
display, state, sticky