iPhone scanner app

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfd0124

Feed Provider
I currently have a feed through Radio Reference. I have no problem with finding Android apps that use RR feeds. However, I do not use any Apple products, and as such, have no knowledge of what scanner apps can access RR provided feeds. Any suggestions for me, I am getting loads of email asking what to use to listen on peoples iPhones. Thanks.

WouffHong

iPhone RR Apps

I currently have a feed through Radio Reference. I have no problem with finding Android apps that use RR feeds. However, I do not use any Apple products, and as such, have no knowledge of what scanner apps can access RR provided feeds. Any suggestions for me, I am getting loads of email asking what to use to listen on peoples iPhones. Thanks.

I use app "5-0 Radio Pro", but have also found free ones that work well, such as "Action Scanner", and other free or inexpensive ones at the App Store...
Tom (scannorthgeorgia.com)

Adenosine

Have not found any tags yet, though, despite full version
Tom

Emergency Radio App Free does display Alpha Tags. I listen to my feed with my iPhone using this App a majority of the time.

5-0 Radio (Free version) decent battery usage, no alpha tags. Huge plus, updates to feeds frequent, add custom feeds.

Emerg. Radio (Free version) uses more battery, has alpha tags, slow to update feeds.

K

kb0nly

I use Action Scanner on my Ipod, works great while around the yard mowing lawn and such.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Action Scanner does not run in the background. I asked the author and they said it's something they might consider down the road.

wise871

Database Admin
I stand corected - Just tried it and bought it! ;-)

Have not found any tags yet, though, despite full version
Tom
In wrong forum,methinks.. :-( :roll::D

Make sure your on a site that offers alpha tags on the feed. Here is mine. Notice the top line shows the feed I'm listening and the actual tag channel is on the second line (Okaloosa Sheriff East).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.