Channel tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
Does the Live Audio platform here transmit alphanumeric channel tags that I stream from my scanner?

I recall seeing a mention of this a while back, checked some feeds here, but saw no tag information.

Thanks.

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
If the feeds have tags they will have a tag icon in top left of the feed name. You have to use the java webplayer, Itunes, Winamp..etc to view them.

Last edited:

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Does the Live Audio platform here transmit alphanumeric channel tags that I stream from my scanner?

I recall seeing a mention of this a while back, checked some feeds here, but saw no tag information.

Thanks.

Hi, I have noticed a lot of feeds on here have "tags" labeled, but they don't actually send tags. I wonder if they use it to get more listeners or are just unaware that they checked that box on the feed management page.

I actually stream tags on my feed. Grove City Public Safety Live Scanner Audio Feed
Makes it nice when there are many agencies and channels. Like a little scanner on your screen. :)

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
Hi, I have noticed a lot of feeds on here have "tags" labeled, but they don't actually send tags. I wonder if they use it to get more listeners or are just unaware that they checked that box on the feed management page.

I actually stream tags on my feed. Grove City Public Safety Live Scanner Audio Feed
Makes it nice when there are many agencies and channels. Like a little scanner on your screen. :)

Im not going to speculate but if we do see this than we will just simply remove it and send the provider a quick note.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
No, it's not a premium feature. The premium feed platform hasn't been offered to the public yet.

You simply connect your scanner to the computer with an audio cable and data cable, then setup the software to send tags along with the audio. There are specific scanners that each software package supports, so you need to make sure you have one of those models.

ScannerCast supports: GRE PSR-500, PSR-600; Uniden BCT15, BCT15X, BC346XT, BCD396T, BCD396XT, BCD996T, BCD996XT, ; Radio Shack PRO-106, PRO-197

RadioFeed supports: GRE PSR-500, PSR-600; Uniden BCT15, BCT15X, BC250D, BC296D, BR330T, BC346XT, BCD396T, BCD396XT, BC780XLT, BC785D, BC796D, BCD996T, BCD996XT; Radio Shack PRO-18, PRO-106, PRO-107, PRO-197

nfd24norf

Bote's reply

Heya Bote, I listen to your Ft Lauderdale FD feed pretty regurlarly. I listen using WinAmp and I do see text tags on your feeds, althought most of the time I am not always sitting at computer to see them when listening. Last week I believe it was, saw text on WinAmp for *Storm Alert*. It was when all the rain was heading into South Florida. It works for me on my end. Not sure if that answered what you were asking or not?? I am very electronically/mechanically challenged. Either way, love that FtL Fire Dept feed !!!!!!!!! Hope you are doing well. Talk to ya soon!!
PS--thanks for keeping that feed just fire!!!!!

Last edited:

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Im not going to speculate but if we do see this than we will just simply remove it and send the provider a quick note.

Actually I wasn't speculating. When setting up my feed I had listened to 30 or more "tagged" feeds to learn how others were doing theirs. Only 5 or so were actually sending tags. I also learned how to avoid the tag's annoying side to side rocking display.

The administrators and moderators here do an outstanding job and I realize that they cannot police the entire site.

Last edited:

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
Actually I wasn't speculating. When setting up my feed I had listened to 30 or more "tagged" feeds to learn how others were doing theirs. Only 5 or so were actually sending tags. I also learned how to avoid the tag's annoying side to side rocking display.

The administrators and moderators here do an outstanding job and I realize that they cannot police the entire site.

Oh, i understand there is some that are labeled as "tagged" when no tags are being sent. It may have just been an accident :wink:

e0004742

Feed Provider
Coding

Does anyone have a good example of code that uses a player with ch. tags?

Each code I find or get to work doesn't use the ch tags.

Thanks!

mk262

Premium Subscriber
You can set it as your default. Click on "Edit MyRR" on the upper right corner of your home page. I believe this is only available to premium members and feed providers though.

Oh no I'm aware of that, I'm saying period, site-wide.

Status
Not open for further replies.