RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Site Administration Forums > Live Audio Feed Administration

Live Audio Feed Administration Administration topics for live audio broadcasting on RadioReference.com. This forum is for feed providers to get support.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-24-2011, 4:12 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Default Adding player to Facebook

Hi I use the IWIPA program on my facebook and from that i can add the feed player on there but recently Facebook change up a lot of there securitys and when they did that since the player is not being hosted on a secure site people can no longer hear the radio... Does any one know how to fix this problem ??

Maybe Radio Reference can add the player to a secure area or is there a way i can host the player on my site on a secure page ??
Sponsored links
Old 12-25-2011, 12:46 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

You have a player that will (or at least used to) play the stream live on a Facebook page?

I have been looking for something like this for a long time. Only players I have found only play "playlists" of stored music files. None I have found will play live streams.

where I can get this program?

Last edited by Bellingham_Scanner; 12-25-2011 at 1:17 AM..
Old 12-25-2011, 1:34 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

A quick google search shows that IWIPA is a program that lets you put HTML on facebook Fan pages.
Old 12-25-2011, 1:51 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ6HCB View Post
A quick google search shows that IWIPA is a program that lets you put HTML on facebook Fan pages.

Yeah, I did that and found the IWIPA page. Not exactly what I was looking for. I just want a simple Facebook app that will play a live stream, not build a webpage inside Facebook.

I might take some time over the holiday to try IWIPA out. I can always get an SSH cert for my direct hosted stream if the RR streams will not work.

Last edited by Bellingham_Scanner; 12-25-2011 at 1:52 AM.. Reason: try not tray
Old 12-25-2011, 1:13 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellingham_Scanner View Post
Yeah, I did that and found the IWIPA page. Not exactly what I was looking for. I just want a simple Facebook app that will play a live stream, not build a webpage inside Facebook.

I might take some time over the holiday to try IWIPA out. I can always get an SSH cert for my direct hosted stream if the RR streams will not work.

SSL not SSH
Sponsored links
Old 12-27-2011, 12:44 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Iwipa Works pretty well and my listeners love it, My main listeners are from facebook and they miss the scanner being on there.

Could someone tell me how to broadcast to my own website where i can share a player on facebook..

And if it violates Radioreference TOS then i guess i will drop my feed and broadcast it my self..
Old 12-27-2011, 1:15 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by csavern View Post
Iwipa Works pretty well and my listeners love it, My main listeners are from facebook and they miss the scanner being on there.

Could someone tell me how to broadcast to my own website where i can share a player on facebook..

And if it violates Radioreference TOS then i guess i will drop my feed and broadcast it my self..
I host direct streams and provide RR with the same stream, no TOS against that, except maybe your ISP...

Follow in Sig line to my RR page then click on the Feed Provider Link to see my website with the direct feeds.
I can't post the URL because RR's naughty word filter even filters URL's and I have naughty word in mine.

Anyway I use Shoutcast to provide .pls stream and Icecast to provide the stream in .m3u and .xspf for player that do not support Shoutcast.

The stream is encoded with Darkice, Darkice also send the stream to RR.

Not this is all ran on a Linux box, I know Shoutcast has a Windows server used with a Winamp plugin to do the encoding.

Last edited by Bellingham_Scanner; 12-27-2011 at 1:25 PM..