RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Site Administration Forums > Live Audio Feed Administration

Live Audio Feed Administration Administration topics for live audio broadcasting on Broadcastify.com. This forum is for feed providers to get support.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-15-2012, 5:33 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Default Feed down email

At 609 am ESTi got an email saying feed was down.So around 620 i went and looked at the computer and it was actually online.I restarted the computer and brought everything back up just in case.Well its up and running fine,i can hear it.But no email has come threw saying it was back online.Not sure if it that matters or not,just thought id bring it up.

Running off a Pro-197
Sponsored links
Old 10-15-2012, 5:57 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos

My Philly, Bucks and Montco Fire feed is currently showing as offline, however I can click on it and hear the audio just fine...
Old 10-15-2012, 5:59 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

This may have something to do with the swap over,I just remembered today is the day.

Running off a Pro-197
Old 10-15-2012, 6:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbjr View Post
This may have something to do with the swap over,I just remembered today is the day.
That would be correct.
Old 10-15-2012, 6:51 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I've been getting up and down emails all morning. I also just couldn't get into the forums for several minutes so I would also assume this is them working on the changes.
Sponsored links
Old 10-15-2012, 7:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ka8zay View Post
I've been getting up and down emails all morning. I also just couldn't get into the forums for several minutes so I would also assume this is them working on the changes.
Again, correct. Lindsay's an early riser like some of us.
Old 10-15-2012, 7:20 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck0410 View Post
Again, correct. Lindsay's an early riser like some of us.
LOL Really?
Old 10-15-2012, 7:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ka8zay View Post
LOL Really?
You'd be surprised. I don't know the man personally, but I have seen updates he's posted at 6, 6:30 AM and sometimes earlier.
Old 10-15-2012, 8:12 AM
Live Audio Administrator
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

The problems were due to network outages in one of the data centers that our servers are located in, this resulted in the site erroneously believing that feeds were offline when they weren't (due to the fact that the audio servers are located in a different data center and the web servers could no longer communicate with them).
Sponsored links
Old 10-15-2012, 6:21 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Thanks

Running off a Pro-197
Old 10-16-2012, 11:03 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

i run two feeds one is up and one is definitely down although I got no email saying it was. When I try and log scannercast back in, I get error accessing rr.com and then some other message which I forgot. I am rebooting the computer now to see if that clears up the problem. If not I'll just try it again in the morning. I'm not going to go crazy trying to get it back up, especially if its a glitch from the transfer. I dropped an email to RR already too and didn't get an answer back like usual so I'm thinking everyone is trying to do the transition.

Update: Rebooted the computer and back online - good enough for me

Last edited by joetnymedic; 10-16-2012 at 11:06 PM..
Old 10-16-2012, 11:21 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Glad I wasn't alone. When I saw the feed down email I wasn't able to check the computer but checked the feed on my phone and saw it was still up. I rebooted the whole thing in the afternoon and it showed as online but didn't get the email it was back for a few hours after that. I figured it was something to do with the changeover to Broadcastify. Now if I can just figure out why my feed provider badge seems to come & go randomly I'll be happy. Haha.

210XLT, 120XLT, BCT2, Pro-90, Pro-2048, Pro-94, BCT15X, PSR-800,BCD396XT,BCD996XT
Old 10-17-2012, 7:27 AM
Live Audio Administrator
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

The feed provider badge is only displayed when a user has at least one scanner feed online. I checked the logs for your feed and see that yesterday it was going online and back offline yesterday, that would have resulted in your feed provider badge not always displaying yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by One13Truck View Post
Glad I wasn't alone. When I saw the feed down email I wasn't able to check the computer but checked the feed on my phone and saw it was still up. I rebooted the whole thing in the afternoon and it showed as online but didn't get the email it was back for a few hours after that. I figured it was something to do with the changeover to Broadcastify. Now if I can just figure out why my feed provider badge seems to come & go randomly I'll be happy. Haha.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:50 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Interesting it shows it was down since the feed was up the entire time. Just one of those things I guess... Not a big deal. Hopefully once everything is done and on Broadcastify that won't happen.

210XLT, 120XLT, BCT2, Pro-90, Pro-2048, Pro-94, BCT15X, PSR-800,BCD396XT,BCD996XT