RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Site Administration Forums > Live Audio Feed Administration

Live Audio Feed Administration Administration topics for live audio broadcasting on RadioReference.com. This forum is for feed providers to get support.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-24-2012, 5:05 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Question Feed down messages when feed not down...

I don't know if this due to the Broadcastify change over or what, but I have just now received "Feed down" text messages for two of my feeds that are showing as online on the site. Although I have those messages also set to go to e-mail, they are now going only to text. What happened to the e-mails? Yesterday I got feed down messages that said the feeds had been down for an hour (they weren't). What happened to getting those messages for when the feeds had been down for 15 minutes?
Sponsored links
Old 10-24-2012, 6:28 PM
Live Audio Administrator
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

The notice you received today and the one last night were due to maintenance being performed on the RadioReference.com web site which resulted in the site thinking your feed had been offline. If you also received one on Monday it would have been due to the Amazon AWS outage that took down RadioReference.com along with several other web sites.
Old 10-25-2012, 9:12 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Default False alarm

Glad to know it was just a glitch. What is strange is that I have 5 feeds (4 on one machine, one on another). Both share the same router and internet connection. I only received the "feed down" message for one feed...and the same one each time.

Granted, I'm not complaining. The last time I received a "feed down" message it was due to the catastrophic failure of a PC power supply (smoke and all!...just a little "pucker factor" there).

Jason
Old 11-21-2013, 9:29 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Default Feed trouble reports not being e-mailed

I've posted this problem before, but nothing seems to get done about it, so here goes again:

When someone posts a "Feed trouble" report, the notification of the report does NOT get forwarded to e-mail. I just found out that there were a few trouble reports on one of my feeds over the last few days, and no notifications were sent.
Feed down reports (same e-mail address) DO get forwarded, but not trouble reports. It's not a SPAM filtering issue, since I do check my spam box and there are no trouble reports there.

Can someone look into this?
Old 11-21-2013, 2:03 PM
Global DB Admin/Senior Mod
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by firescannerbob View Post
I've posted this problem before
Please don't start a new thread for the same problem. I've merged your latest post with your old thread about the topic.

Thanks.

Sorry but I don't accept PM's. Please use email instead.
Sponsored links
Old 11-21-2013, 2:36 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

To test this I just sent a problem report to my own feed and received an email in less than 2 minutes. You may want to check your email settings.

Last edited by W8RMH; 11-21-2013 at 2:53 PM..
Old 11-22-2013, 1:32 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Default WEll, not really,

You merged this issue with an unrelated issue i posted about earlier. So much for that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeOxlong View Post
Please don't start a new thread for the same problem. I've merged your latest post with your old thread about the topic.

Thanks.
Old 11-22-2013, 1:35 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

What "e-mail settings" should I check? Nothing is going to my spam folder, which is where e-mail that doesn't make it to my inbox goes...
Also, "feed down" reports, which go to the same e-mail address, have been showing up, and I believe they come from the same place as trouble reports, so I don't believe they're being filtered out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by W8RMH View Post
To test this I just sent a problem report to my own feed and received an email in less than 2 minutes. You may want to check your email settings.

Last edited by firescannerbob; 11-22-2013 at 1:43 AM..