RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Site Administration Forums > Live Audio Feed Administration

Live Audio Feed Administration Administration topics for live audio broadcasting on Broadcastify.com. This forum is for feed providers to get support.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-29-2012, 3:21 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Unhappy Site going down again?

Last half hour I'm having trouble viewing audio pages. Site is slower to load. Server cloud error page explains possible problems. Hope if it goes down its not for hours like last week!
Sponsored links
Old 10-29-2012, 9:22 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos

I've been getting the cloud error page also while browsing the forums. They open after I hit the button to refresh.
Old 10-29-2012, 9:28 PM
FL, GA, AL, MS Admin
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Same thing is happening to me also. Probably due all the listeners.

Website Offline, No Cached Version Available

The website you are trying to access is currently offline. The most likely causes are the server is down for maintenance, there may be a network problem, or the site may be experiencing excessive load.

The site uses CloudFlare in order to help keep it online when the server is down by serving cached copies of pages where they are available. Unfortunately, a cached copy of the page you requested is not available, but you may be able to reach other cached pages on the site.

If you continue to receive this error after you believe the site is back online, you can retry a live version of the site.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:48 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Same with me slowly loading the forum and main website.

Old 10-30-2012, 12:36 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

When there was an outage that took RR down for a few hours a bit ago, the issue was due to issues with Amazon's site in northern VA. Since the hurricane is causing issues in VA, this may be causing some of the issues. Along with the extra load from folks listening to feeds in the area affected by hurricane Sandy, this could cause what you're seeing.
Sponsored links
Old 10-30-2012, 10:37 AM
Database Admin
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

When I checked last night I noted that the number of current listeners was up near 60,000. Pretty impressive
Old 10-30-2012, 10:58 AM
Founder and CEO
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Database Admin
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by n5ims View Post
When there was an outage that took RR down for a few hours a bit ago, the issue was due to issues with Amazon's site in northern VA. Since the hurricane is causing issues in VA, this may be causing some of the issues. Along with the extra load from folks listening to feeds in the area affected by hurricane Sandy, this could cause what you're seeing.
There was no outage from Amazon at all yesterday. At about 7:00 PM CST we started to see the load on the site creep up to a point where requests slowed down rather considerably. Around 7:30 PM CST we brought the Web site down for about 5 minutes to bring online 5 extra Web and database servers due to the load on the site. We functioned fine from that point forward serving a sustained 1750/requests a second from the Web infrastructure. Peak traffic was at about 9:00 PM CST.

I'll share some further stats with the community later today regarding the event.

BTW, the forums are a very low priority during very high traffic events such as these, so while you may receive errors from the forums during these events, it means we are shifting resources to the overall site.
Old 10-30-2012, 1:12 PM
Global DB Admin/Senior Mod
Database Admin

Once the Live Audio is fully moved to Broadcastify, will this be a problem?

Sorry but I don't accept PM's. Please use email instead.
Old 10-30-2012, 1:28 PM
Completely Banned for the Greater Good
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I think the clock problem may be at play. Looks like someone already moved your clocks back an hour to CST, but that shouldn't happen until the weekend
Sponsored links
Old 10-30-2012, 2:05 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilemedallion View Post
Last half hour I'm having trouble viewing audio pages. Site is slower to load. Server cloud error page explains possible problems. Hope if it goes down its not for hours like last week!
Same here last night, no big deal though. I was on the NY audio listening to the feed for the big fire in Queens! Over 3000 online for that. Very busy at that time and NYFD was hard at work.
Old 10-30-2012, 4:00 PM
Database Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdale View Post
I think the clock problem may be at play. Looks like someone already moved your clocks back an hour to CST, but that shouldn't happen until the weekend
Must be with computers that were pre-2007 vintage as that was the year when the gov't changed which weekend we "fall back". They must have the auto Daylight Savings Time detect check mark enabled.
Old 10-30-2012, 7:19 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by blantonl View Post
There was no outage from Amazon at all yesterday. At about 7:00 PM CST we started to see the load on the site creep up to a point where requests slowed down rather considerably. Around 7:30 PM CST we brought the Web site down for about 5 minutes to bring online 5 extra Web and database servers due to the load on the site. We functioned fine from that point forward serving a sustained 1750/requests a second from the Web infrastructure. Peak traffic was at about 9:00 PM CST.

I'll share some further stats with the community later today regarding the event.

BTW, the forums are a very low priority during very high traffic events such as these, so while you may receive errors from the forums during these events, it means we are shifting resources to the overall site.
Good to know. There may have been issues connecting through other providers however. Based on the various monitoring sites a few providers were having network issues, XO Communications especially while I was checking. It may have been that they lost some sites or links during the storm. If folks tried to connect through them they may have had issues unrelated to the site.
Old 10-31-2012, 12:20 AM
Completely Banned for the Greater Good
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by mciupa View Post
Must be with computers that were pre-2007 vintage as that was the year when the gov't changed which weekend we "fall back". They must have the auto Daylight Savings Time detect check mark enabled.
I was referring to the times in LB's post.