RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Site Administration Forums > Live Audio Feed Administration

Live Audio Feed Administration Administration topics for live audio broadcasting on Broadcastify.com. This forum is for feed providers to get support.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-19-2012, 3:48 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonE View Post
From the logs, I can see that the problem you're seeing is due to network issues within TelstraGlobal's network, a network that your packets pass through along their journey to our servers (your computer -> Telstra -> Reach -> TelstraGlobal -> NetworkLayer -> our data center). When it's fixed will depend upon TelstraGlobal.

-- Gordon
Gordon, Isn't TCP a reliable protocol guarantee the delivery of packets error free. If a packet is missing or corrupted then the destination end will request transmission. Maybe I'm missing something? Wouldn't the problem be at the source or destination end?
Sponsored links
Old 11-19-2012, 4:05 PM
Live Audio Administrator
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProScan View Post
Gordon, Isn't TCP a reliable protocol guarantee the delivery of packets error free. If a packet is missing or corrupted then the destination end will request transmission. Maybe I'm missing something? Wouldn't the problem be at the source or destination end?
Yes, if a packet or two is lost in transmission it'll be resent if the destination doesn't receive it (and yes, that retransmission happens automatically without the sending program or the Icecast server software knowing since it's handled at the TCP layer).

Usually when people's feeds go offline it's due to a network interruption somewhere between their computer and our servers. Almost always this interruption exists between their router/cable modem and their ISP but sometimes (like in davidkc's case that I looked at this morning) the problem can be due to an interruption in a network that their packets were passing through.

Using PingPlotter is a handy way to diagnose connectivity problems since it first figures out all the routers that packets pass through to get from one point to another point and then it starts pinging the end point and all the points in between. If packets stop reaching the end point you can see what the furthest away router that can be pinged successfully, the problem usually lies just past that point.
Old 11-19-2012, 4:20 PM

Gordon, i have sent more files moments ago, might give you more info , although as you say, most of the Packet loss is t telstra global, seems fine out of my modem to ISP, breaks down to approx 68 % after that.
It ends up at 100 % onwards.

Will end up offline most of the time over next 7 days, I will be out of town. Not much i can do.

Thanks for looking into this.

David
Mt Panorama.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:59 PM

Default Modem restart

Prior to leaving home for 7 days, i decided to have a look at modem settings, in process i restarted modem hoping this might solve the problem.
So far, since leaving , 7 hours ago, the stream is still online! fingers crossed!

IP address has changed, might take diff path, who knows!

Anyone else decided to restart modems! ?

Dave
Mt Panorama.
Old 11-20-2012, 9:45 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Drops outs

Good morning after reading the post on this subject i am having the same issues. I tried restarting everything from my computer thru to router and modem and still nothing my feed stay up for about a min at a time then restarts. any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored links
Old 11-20-2012, 10:07 AM
Live Audio Administrator
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

If you follow the PingPlotter steps I posted earlier and e-mail the logs to me at audio@radioreference.com I can take a look at them.

-- Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by narly1972 View Post
Good morning after reading the post on this subject i am having the same issues. I tried restarting everything from my computer thru to router and modem and still nothing my feed stay up for about a min at a time then restarts. any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-20-2012, 3:41 PM

Im very suprised my Streams are still on, not offline for nearly 24 hours now, only thing different is resetting my modem, not sure if that is a coincidence or not, seems like others still having troubles too.

I will be keen to see what my log files say when i get back home, whether or not i have PL over 50 % or not.

Dave
Mt Panorama.
Old 11-22-2012, 8:40 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonE View Post
If you follow the PingPlotter steps I posted earlier and e-mail the logs to me at audio@radioreference.com I can take a look at them.

-- Gordon
Hi GordonE

Not sure if you received my other e-mail regarding pingplotter i was able to get it working and sent you a second email with that info.. from what i am seeing is one of the severs are constantly dropping the packets or so it looks to me. If you didn't receive my other email just let me know and i will resend it. i had plingplotter running all night.
Old 11-22-2012, 10:25 PM

hi Gordon, thanks for advising that you have located a problem! Since Wednesday, I have been away, but my stream has been going non stop, if it has stopped, has restarted fine .
I will check logs later in week.
Mt Panorama.
Sponsored links
Old 11-30-2012, 12:42 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Thanks Gordon i appreciate all your help regarding my feed. Hoping that it is now back up and running smooth. After everything we tried i contacted D Link regarding the issues i was having. there last resort short of sending it back to reset the whole router, and seems to have done the trick. thanks again.