Feed Alerts

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD2DLL

Feed Provider
Alright so I know we can set feed alerts for incidents that are occuring. My question is, what is the minimal requirements for it to be set as an alert? Like what is acceptable? I don't want to put up things that are deemed by the admins to be not worthy of an alert and then get in trouble.

Here is a small list of things that im not sure if they are acceptable, let me know if they are:
Chimney Fire
2 Car Mva with injuries
Car into building
Search for lost hikers
Rollover accident
Traumatic Injury with or without Medevac helo

Thank you

richtidd

Database Admin
Alright so I know we can set feed alerts for incidents that are occuring. My question is, what is the minimal requirements for it to be set as an alert? Like what is acceptable? I don't want to put up things that are deemed by the admins to be not worthy of an alert and then get in trouble.

Here is a small list of things that im not sure if they are acceptable, let me know if they are:
Chimney Fire
2 Car Mva with injuries
Car into building
Search for lost hikers
Rollover accident
Traumatic Injury with or without Medevac helo

Thank you

Here is the policy as stated on all feed pages:
Please use this field ONLY to alert the Live Audio community to a breaking incident or noteworthy event happening on your feed. Weather alerts (watches/warnings/advisory's, etc.), feed status and other info of this nature is not allowed. Max 255 characters, text only. This field will expire 2 hours after being updated. The RR Staff reserves the right to edit, update or remove info from this field to comply with this policy.

Example feed alerts:
Manhunt underway in the xxx area for a shooting suspect.
Police investigating suspicious package at xxx, many units on scene.
Plane crash near xxx and yyy.
2,100 acre wildfire near xxx, many homes burned, fire not controlled at this time.
5-alarm structure fire at 123 Xyz Street.
President Obama in town from x:xx am until x:xx pm

The key word above is NOTEWORTHY.

mjbjr

Just an observation here..."President Obama in town from x:xx am until x:xx pm". In 4 years when obama is out,are you gonna change this to the next presidents name or just change it to "The President"

KD2DLL

Feed Provider
Alright. Ive read that but how noteworthy are we talking? Like something may seem noteworthy to one person but to another it may not be. I just do not want to go getting myself in trouble for putting an alert and it not being "up to par".

iceman977th

Feed Provider
Personally, I only put info up in regards to major incidents, I.E. structure fires, major accidents where traffic will be impeded, major law incidents (I.E. break-in, chase, etc) something that is worth listening to. Not the fire department going to the same place 10 times a day for an AFA like here...lol

K3HY

Premium Subscriber
Just an observation here..."President Obama in town from x:xx am until x:xx pm". In 4 years when obama is out,are you gonna change this to the next presidents name or just change it to "The President"

Just use POTUS, which seems to be the standard used on milcom forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.