RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Site Administration Forums > Live Audio Feed Administration

Live Audio Feed Administration Administration topics for live audio broadcasting on RadioReference.com. This forum is for feed providers to get support.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-08-2012, 11:38 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Default 'unable to connect to socket' error

My feed, link above, has been getting 'unable to connect to socket' error for a half hour now.

I am posting this through the same ISP provider's connection as my feed. In over 4 years of providing this feed, this is a first.....
Sponsored links
Old 12-08-2012, 11:52 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Because my feed is not connecting, my badge for feed provider has predictably disappeared.

Can admins or those in the know give me some info? I have no Private Messages and no notifications.
Old 12-08-2012, 1:40 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Looks like the domain "scanamerica.us' expired at godaddy Dec. 7, 2012, found that when I tried to go to scanamerica.us in a browser.

Can anyone tell me why noone else's feed disconnected, and what I should use in the IP field in my config now that scanamerica.us expierd?
Old 12-08-2012, 5:13 PM

Not sure if it's a similar problem or not but my feed has been unstable all day. Pinging RadioReference.com - Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference times out, pinging audio3.radioreference.com seems to work but RadioFeed and ScannerCast seem to keep disconnecting. No idea what is going on.
Old 12-08-2012, 7:31 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazierfan View Post
Looks like the domain "scanamerica.us' expired at godaddy Dec. 7, 2012, found that when I tried to go to scanamerica.us in a browser.

Can anyone tell me why noone else's feed disconnected, and what I should use in the IP field in my config now that scanamerica.us expierd?
ScanAmerica was migrated over to RadioReference several years ago.

How to fix:

Go into the Owner Management page for your feed on RadioReference.

Then click on the Technicals tab towards the top of the page.

Here you will find the new server address, port number, mount point for your feed and password.

Change your streaming/encoding software to reflect this new information and you should be in business.
Sponsored links
Old 12-08-2012, 8:32 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweekerbob View Post
ScanAmerica was migrated over to RadioReference several years ago.

How to fix:

Go into the Owner Management page for your feed on RadioReference.

Then click on the Technicals tab towards the top of the page.

Here you will find the new server address, port number, mount point for your feed and password.

Change your streaming/encoding software to reflect this new information and you should be in business.
Thanks, since trying this early in the day today, I have tried what is on my feed page for the new server address audio1.radioreference.com, audio3.radioreference.com, and no go.

Finally, I blanked out and re-typed everything on the streaming/encoding software config page. That was the silver bullet.

As I said above, everything always worked, until the GoDaddy domain expired Friday.

Thanks again.
Old 12-09-2012, 12:41 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos

My feed is back up and running. I was so afraid I'd lost it for good for whatever reason. Thanks again for the heads up on the information needed to get my feed back up.
Old 12-10-2012, 9:50 AM
Live Audio Administrator
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

The scanamerica.us domain name was renewed this morning, this should solve the problem where old ScanAmerica.us feeds which are still using Oddcast/Edcast were no longer able to connect. It might take a little bit for the renewal to propagate out.
Old 12-21-2013, 1:08 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

the ERRor

Last edited by kc0vgj; 12-21-2013 at 1:15 AM..
Sponsored links
Old 12-21-2013, 1:10 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

GordonE- Thanks for the heads up..