RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Site Administration Forums > Live Audio Feed Administration

Live Audio Feed Administration Administration topics for live audio broadcasting on RadioReference.com. This forum is for feed providers to get support.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-03-2013, 6:26 PM

Default Problem with audio3.radioreference.com?

I am using audio3.radioreference.com to stream feed 12991 for Washington County, OR Public Safety. I am having intermittent connectivity issues with that server that originally I thought were on my end but I have since (after spending 3 weeks troubleshooting literally everything in my LAN) determined it is not my LAN. Is there anything going on with that server? I also see the occasional dropped packet during a continuous ping to the server.
Sponsored links
Old 01-12-2014, 4:39 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Same issue
Old 01-14-2014, 3:47 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

use port 8080
Old 01-15-2014, 8:05 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmobile1337 View Post
I am using audio3.radioreference.com to stream feed 12991 for Washington County, OR Public Safety. I am having intermittent connectivity issues with that server that originally I thought were on my end but I have since (after spending 3 weeks troubleshooting literally everything in my LAN) determined it is not my LAN. Is there anything going on with that server? I also see the occasional dropped packet during a continuous ping to the server.
I am also on the same server and have not had any issues on staying connected. It has been working solid for me. However I am in a different area than you. Not sure if that would make any difference since it is the same server.
Old 01-18-2014, 10:10 AM
Live Audio Administrator
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

We're not aware of any issues with any of the audio servers, they're all stable and working fine.

When testing by pinging, I recommend using PingPlotter so that you can see the ping data for each hop along the way to our server, that's helpful in identifying a problem between you and your ISP or between your ISP and one of their uplinks.

Also, note that trying a different port number would have no effect, that's only helpful when you're trying to get around a firewall on your network or at your ISP that's blocking the connection (100% of the time).
Sponsored links