RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Site Administration Forums > Live Audio Feed Administration

Live Audio Feed Administration Administration topics for live audio broadcasting on RadioReference.com. This forum is for feed providers to get support.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-29-2013, 8:37 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Default Static with Nicecast

Hello All,

I wanted to see if anyone else has had issues with static on their feed using while using Nicecast. My feed is relatively new and when it first went online it sounded great. After being online a couple of days I noticed a lot of static on the feed. When I finally got home to check it, I found the static was not coming from my scanner, but from the feed itself. After taking my feed offline and rebooting Nicecast, the feed once again is very clear. There are times when I am not home for several days and don't have the ability to reboot Nicecast to fix the problem. Has anyone else had a similar issue with Nicecast or their feed and found a resolution to this problem other than rebooting the broadcast client?

Thanks
Sponsored links
Old 03-29-2013, 12:22 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Nicecast adds static after 60 minutes if it has not been registered. This is a function of the program and is intentional.

If you have paid for the software and entered your registration code into the program, it will not add static.

This is mentioned next to the "Purchase" button on the Nicecast page of Rogue Amoeba's website.

Rogue Amoeba | Nicecast: Broadcast Any Audio To The Internet, Right From Mac OS X
More about my scanner feeds.
Old 03-29-2013, 2:35 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Sorry, forgot to mention that I had purchased and activated my version of Nicecast. My problem also resolves itself once I reboot Nicecast. I experienced the static that was caused by not purchasing Nicecast. It was a nice surprise to find out I had to pay $60 to get rid of it. The price of having a Mac I guess. Lol My problem starts after about 48 hours of straight broadcast time. I am hoping someone has had this issue and there is something in the settings for Nicecast I can change to fix it.
Old 03-29-2013, 4:14 PM
Live Audio Administrator
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphensen View Post
Sorry, forgot to mention that I had purchased and activated my version of Nicecast. My problem also resolves itself once I reboot Nicecast. I experienced the static that was caused by not purchasing Nicecast. It was a nice surprise to find out I had to pay $60 to get rid of it. The price of having a Mac I guess. Lol My problem starts after about 48 hours of straight broadcast time. I am hoping someone has had this issue and there is something in the settings for Nicecast I can change to fix it.
I use NiceCast for a feed for several years now without any issues.

This sounds like a NiceCast issue or computer issue.
You may have to contact them as perhaps the reg key is not regestering in their system or on the install?

You can try reinstalling NIceCast & applying the reg key.

Otherwise I have not head of this issue after the reg key was used.
Live Audio Administrator

richtidd@broadcastify.com

My online scanners:
SMCo, Tuolumne Co
Old 04-01-2013, 7:07 PM

It's a Nicecast issue. The same thing happens to me after aprox. 24hrs. I have to reset the broadcast to clear the "static"; I noticed it after I installed 10.8 Mountain Lion. (iMac (Mid 2010), 10.8.3, Nicecast v1.9.4)
Sponsored links