prob with feed audio ONLY after feed is running for 12 plus hours, HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtariNerd

I've put up a feed about a month ago and things are working great except the audio gets a strange choppy static like sound after random periods of time often between 12 and 48 hrs of uptime i've got all the levels set and audio sounds fantastic normally and have tried both the default software and am using radiofeed now to stream, often restarting the stream will fix it , but sometimes a reboot is required has anyone else seen this prob and can maybe help? I can't constantly monitor the feed and have no way of knowing if the audio is good or not until i listen, please help!

talkpair

Before you get too involved with this, I would suggest that you first elimate the possibility that your listening client might be the problem.

I've seen a few cases where the feed was flawless, but the software used to listen to the feed was at fault.
As a test, instead of restarting your feed when you hear a problem, restart your listening software then reconnect to the feed to see if the problem persists.

You can also download an archive file of your feed for the time period you were experiencing problems, then listen again using a different program.

The second opinion given by the alternate software may save you hours of chasing a problem that may not exist on the streaming side.

As I write this, your stream sounds good.

AtariNerd

have checked it before with the player on the radioreference web page as well and the problem is still there, also you can hear it using radiofeeds loopback function, next time it occurs I will note the time and check in an archive file, thanks

AtariNerd

ok it happened again see today's archive 7/12 1:08-1:38 PM about 10 mins in for an example weird echo static sound, no changes made at all from previous good settings and feed was running successfully all night, and restarting feed fixed it but is only temporary 'm stumped may have to kill the feed ;(

talkpair

I'm stumped as well.

I also downloaded the archive for the time period 12:38 PM - 1:08 PM and found the transition from good audio to bad audio occurred at 5 minutes, 48 seconds into the file.

The file for that same time period on 7/11/13 had good audio throughout the entire file, so it probably isn't related to the time of day.

Sorry I couldn't help.

AtariNerd

Thank you very much for your help anyway, I suspect it is a driver/os issue will try yet another driver although I tried one a few days ago, also may be time to upgrade from Vista lol, I haven't given up just yet. No other streams in the area that are online and don't want us to be high and dry.

Status
Not open for further replies.