Quality Of my feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbm

I found the best way to adjust your audio, if you have a smart phone ...............

Listen to a station on iHeartRadio or something similar while listening to your feed at the same time on the phone.

Then try to adjust the feed audio to be equal.

That way, anyone listening to yoru feed won't find it annoyingly loud, yet will still be able to hear any 'event' that takes place.

Rich

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I think to maintain a quality feed you need to listen to it yourself and make adjustments accordingly. Other's opinions are fine but you need to monitor the operation of your feed to maintain quality. You feed sounds very good for digital. The overall volume is a little low.

realpoet01

bit of a hum

Noted there's a bit of a hum when the unit's not RXing and just scanning. Not sure where to start on that issue. Might be a grounding issue or something with the wall wart.

talkpair

I looked at the audio levels with Audacity and they look like they are where they need to be.

However you should change your feed from stereo to mono.

Broadcasting the same audio on two different tracks doubles the amount of bandwidth required for everyone involved with no audio quality benefit.

Blackink

I listened to it for about 5 minutes tonight. I had to turn my speaker volume up 3/4 of the way but I could hear it ok then. It did sound like there was a bit of an echo/background echo, but i could understand what was being said.

CHPMustang

Premium Subscriber
What is the punchy type pop at the end of the transmissions? In other feeds I don't hear that, is that a scanner setting or reception issue?

Blind_Shadow

Feed Provider
I also heard the " pop " at the end of each transmission as per CHPMustang has mentioned as well as at the beginning of each transmission. More noticeable at the end. It does not interfere as to content, imo.

The only other thing I have noticed is that the transmission sound like they are in a tunnel or hollow area. Not quite an echo, but more like a tunnel.

No issues as for hearing as the transmissions are clear and understandable.

Status
Not open for further replies.