Constant Timeouts and Reconnects

Status
Not open for further replies.

yfdgricker

Feed Provider
Hi all,

I'm running two seperate feeds on two seperate computers. I'm getting RadioReference Timeouts and Source Client Disconnected every 20 seconds, This is happening on both feeds. One computer I am using is a Win7 SP1 machines, clean install. The other is a WinXP box. I'm using ProScan RadioFeed v2.5 on the XP machine and ProScan v6.5 full version on the Win7 Machine. I'm also using the Web Server on the WIn7 Machine using the same software and it is not having any disconnect/reconnect issues. I've tried searching the forums and there were some posts from 2011 and 2012 but no information on how to resolve this issue. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Greg

zl2taw

I was having issues like that, found out it was the modem was not compatible with the ISP gear in the exchanges.

I changed my modem to broadcom chipset & there was never an issue again.
The admins here had even changed the server that the feed was connecting to, to try & fix the issue.

gregsto

Hi all,

I'm running two seperate feeds on two seperate computers. I'm getting RadioReference Timeouts and Source Client Disconnected every 20 seconds, This is happening on both feeds. One computer I am using is a Win7 SP1 machines, clean install. The other is a WinXP box. I'm using ProScan RadioFeed v2.5 on the XP machine and ProScan v6.5 full version on the Win7 Machine. I'm also using the Web Server on the WIn7 Machine using the same software and it is not having any disconnect/reconnect issues. I've tried searching the forums and there were some posts from 2011 and 2012 but no information on how to resolve this issue. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Greg

Greg,

I had the same issue (though mine was every 10-15 min) and tried everything imaginable to fix it. Finally I had a comcast technician come over and test the lines. Low and behold there was some issue in the lines outside of my residence, and not even in my block, that he diagnosed immediately which were preventing steady streaming uploads to the internet. They put some special repair team on it and it was fixed within a few days.

greg

yfdgricker

Feed Provider
Hi Greg! I'm not have any problems with any of the other three feeds I stream, only the ones I stream through Radio Reference. If it were a network connectivity issue, I would expect the other non-radio reference feeds to have similar issues. I'm not sure what else to try.

gregsto

Hi Greg! I'm not have any problems with any of the other three feeds I stream, only the ones I stream through Radio Reference. If it were a network connectivity issue, I would expect the other non-radio reference feeds to have similar issues. I'm not sure what else to try.

Hmmm..that seems to make sense but I would not be positive about that. There may be some certain way the stream goes to RR feeds that your internet is not handling...but just guessing. Can't hurt to have em take a look. Maybe next time I am home in a month or so we can try sending the feed from my house if u are still having problems and see if the issue is recreated...Armstrong cable in austintown. Will have a scanner with me and of course computer so we could just switch over for a few hours or something

Status
Not open for further replies.