RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog
 

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Site Administration Forums > Live Audio Feed Administration

Live Audio Feed Administration Administration topics for live audio broadcasting on RadioReference.com. This forum is for feed providers to get support.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 10-02-2013, 4:58 PM
KC9VZV's Avatar
Member
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Greater Chicago Area, Illinois
Posts: 262
Default

....annnnndddd my feed just went down. Hmm.
__________________
73,
Dan, KC9VZV
IPN Dispatcher: ILL043
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #22 (permalink)  
Old 10-02-2013, 4:59 PM
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Horseheads, NY
Posts: 4
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaded View Post
Once the fire is out, any chance you'd consider putting up a status page for the streaming platform? Just something simple so we can find out that it's not our individual feeds which are a problem (and then save me 15-20m of trying to figure out why my feed was hung up!).
Agreed .. "Thumbs Up"
Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old 10-02-2013, 5:00 PM
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 31
Default

My audio3 feeds just reconnected a few minutes ago. Looks like audio1 and audio9 are still wonky.
Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 10-02-2013, 5:01 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 5,230
Default

There ought to be a Server Status section at the top of the Broadcastify site showing the Online/Offline status of each audio server in real time.

That would go a long way in preventing the mass panic we see on the forums everytime there's a hiccup with one or more of the servers.
Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)  
Old 10-02-2013, 5:32 PM
richtidd's Avatar
Live Audio Administrator
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: San Mateo, Ca
Posts: 985
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by delaware74b View Post
My feed went down at 5:02 pm and keep getting audio 3 error. I am running Scannercast V0.14.

My feed is Kent County (Delaware) Fire and EMS
We are having problems with our audio servers.

Hope to have things fixed soon.

Sorry for the trouble.
__________________
--
Richard Tidd
Broadcastify.com
Live Audio Administrator

richtidd@broadcastify.com

My online scanners:
SMCo, Tuolumne Co
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #26 (permalink)  
Old 10-02-2013, 6:00 PM
KokomoScanner's Avatar
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Kokomo, Indiana
Posts: 63
Default Re: System Trouble?

I agree, a status page would be great

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
Reply With Quote
  #27 (permalink)  
Old 10-02-2013, 6:36 PM
delaware74b's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10
Default

richtidd - audio server 3 back up and my feed is back up.
Reply With Quote
  #28 (permalink)  
Old 10-02-2013, 7:08 PM
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chauffeur6 View Post
There ought to be a Server Status section at the top of the Broadcastify site showing the Online/Offline status of each audio server in real time.

That would go a long way in preventing the mass panic we see on the forums everytime there's a hiccup with one or more of the servers.
YEP! I like this idea
Reply With Quote
  #29 (permalink)  
Old 10-02-2013, 8:05 PM
blantonl's Avatar
Founder and CEO
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Whitefish, MT
Posts: 8,175
Default

Just a quick update on what happened. Softlayer had a major network outage which knocked our private network offline (the private network is the network that the audio servers use to communicate with one another)

I managed to get everything that requires the private network reconfigured and we were back online after about an hour. It took Softlayer another couple hours to get the routing tables refreshed on the private network side and get back up and running.

All except one of our audio relay servers are completely recovered - but that won't have any impact on audio services.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chauffeur6 View Post
There ought to be a Server Status section at the top of the Broadcastify site showing the Online/Offline status of each audio server in real time.

That would go a long way in preventing the mass panic we see on the forums everytime there's a hiccup with one or more of the servers.
This is a good idea and we'll have a look at getting something up and running. But, I guarantee you that it won't prevent any mass panic whenever we have an outage. There is nothing we can do about that, that is for sure. Outages happen - and our user base will always panic.

And finally, for good measure, check out this wonderful trouble ticket we received from a feed broadcaster today regarding the outage:

Quote:
My feed keeps going on and off and the scanner shows unconnected even though it is. I've broadcasted for radioreferrence for many years and never had any of these problems. You don't even have a dang phone number listed, what is with that? Your web programmers also are about the level any high school student could program. Why don't you hire someone who knows what they are doing?

Anyway, my broadcast is messed up by something on your end since I never changed anything. Please advice and depending on whether I see improvements to the site, I may pull my feed and ask many others to do the same. Also, take a look at the forums here and on radiorefference, you have thousands upon thousands of people complaining about broadcastfly. If your servers are not fixed and the site improved 500%, I guarantee this site will be shut down for lack of use in 6 months. I just really hate how you guys took a good product and turned it into dirt. I'm sad really. What you have done is taken a site like google.com and turned it into something that only works to search for one world and then pulls up the wrong link.

Do you want all your broadcasters to stay and to grow? If so, get your stuff together fast.
__________________
Lindsay C. Blanton III
CEO - RadioReference.com / Broadcastify
Facebook: RadioReference | Broadcastify | Twitter: @RadioReference
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #30 (permalink)  
Old 10-02-2013, 8:09 PM
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 16
Default

My feed still will not connect =/

Quote:
Originally Posted by blantonl View Post
Just a quick update on what happened. Softlayer had a major network outage which knocked our private network offline (the private network is the network that the audio servers use to communicate with one another)

I managed to get everything that requires the private network reconfigured and we were back online after about an hour. It took Softlayer another couple hours to get the routing tables refreshed on the private network side and get back up and running.

All except one of our audio relay servers are completely recovered - but that won't have any impact on audio services.



This is a good idea and we'll have a look at getting something up and running. But, I guarantee you that it won't prevent any mass panic whenever we have an outage. There is nothing we can do about that, that is for sure. Outages happen - and our user base will always panic.

And finally, for good measure, check out this wonderful trouble ticket we received from a feed broadcaster today regarding the outage:
Reply With Quote
  #31 (permalink)  
Old 10-02-2013, 8:12 PM
blantonl's Avatar
Founder and CEO
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Whitefish, MT
Posts: 8,175
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRosado View Post
My feed still will not connect =/
Looks like it is up and running to me??
__________________
Lindsay C. Blanton III
CEO - RadioReference.com / Broadcastify
Facebook: RadioReference | Broadcastify | Twitter: @RadioReference
Reply With Quote
  #32 (permalink)  
Old 10-02-2013, 8:14 PM
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blantonl View Post
Looks like it is up and running to me??
Yes I see that now as well. In Scanncercast it just doesn't show the connection.

Thanks for all the hard work. I'm a systems administrator I know what you go through to keep this site online.


Thanks again.
Reply With Quote
  #33 (permalink)  
Old 10-02-2013, 8:29 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 5,230
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blantonl View Post
This is a good idea and we'll have a look at getting something up and running. But, I guarantee you that it won't prevent any mass panic whenever we have an outage. There is nothing we can do about that, that is for sure. Outages happen - and our user base will always panic.
Just a little foolish optimism...humor me.

(PS - Mantis ticket #0001295)


Quote:
Originally Posted by blantonl View Post
And finally, for good measure, check out this wonderful trouble ticket we received from a feed broadcaster today regarding the outage:
A whole 10 minutes of downtime a month, if that. "OMG TEH WORLD IS ENDING!!1!!!!"

People need to get a grip.
Reply With Quote
  #34 (permalink)  
Old 10-02-2013, 8:42 PM
KokomoScanner's Avatar
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Kokomo, Indiana
Posts: 63
Default

That's just sad, You are a lot more tolerant than I!!


Quote:
My feed keeps going on and off and the scanner shows unconnected even though it is. I've broadcasted for radioreferrence for many years and never had any of these problems. You don't even have a dang phone number listed, what is with that? Your web programmers also are about the level any high school student could program. Why don't you hire someone who knows what they are doing?

Anyway, my broadcast is messed up by something on your end since I never changed anything. Please advice and depending on whether I see improvements to the site, I may pull my feed and ask many others to do the same. Also, take a look at the forums here and on radiorefference, you have thousands upon thousands of people complaining about broadcastfly. If your servers are not fixed and the site improved 500%, I guarantee this site will be shut down for lack of use in 6 months. I just really hate how you guys took a good product and turned it into dirt. I'm sad really. What you have done is taken a site like google.com and turned it into something that only works to search for one world and then pulls up the wrong link.

Do you want all your broadcasters to stay and to grow? If so, get your stuff together fast. :End Quote

Last edited by jwc553911; 10-02-2013 at 8:52 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #35 (permalink)  
Old 10-02-2013, 8:47 PM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 721
Default

My god, look at the grammar and spelling on that one!
__________________

Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #36 (permalink)  
Old 10-14-2013, 11:20 AM
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Philadelphia, Pa
Posts: 3
Default

I've been getting this error message several times per day and then I lose all of my listeners;

"Feed has disconnected from the server. This could be due to a power outage, network connection problem, or server problem. Click OK to restart the player. If the player fails to connect then the feed might be down for an extended timeframe."

My power and internet are not having any issues, and the ScannerCast program is showing that the feed is still running. This happens several times per day and the rate of occurrence is as little as 10 minutes apart to several hours apart. It happens on both of my feeds, but not at the same time. My feeds are http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/15102/web and http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/15195/web.

Is this error related to the above reported server error or is something else causing this error?

Last edited by RicCTemple; 10-14-2013 at 11:41 AM..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 2:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All information here is Copyright 2012 by RadioReference.com LLC and Lindsay C. Blanton III.Ad Management by RedTyger
Copyright 2011 by RadioReference.com LLC Privacy Policy  |  Terms and Conditions