eDispatches.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eng3ineer

They have done the same here as well in Bowie Co, Tx. I was in process getting ready to host the feed for the numerous VFD that bowie co has and just happened to check before making a new feed submission and see that had beat me to it.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
I don't see any feeds listed.

My department uses their service, so we can listen to our last dispatch and get our text messages with dispatch info.

Sent via Tapatalk

mkescan

Here in Wisconsin they are putting up Fire Department feeds in a few counties, the feeds have different Fire Dept names, but the frequency is used by the whole county, So you are really hearing the same thing on 2 or more feeds, I thought that can't be done here. Here is one of them http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/ctid/3105 Beloit & Turtle use the same freq, that is the only freq on both feeds.

Last edited:

DC31

Feed Provider
I don't know the intimate details of how Edispatches does their thing so I can only guess about their equipment and the set up. But I am guessing that it is very similar to running Two Tone Detect and a Broadcastify feed off a Raspberry Pi microcomputer. The reason that you see each of their installations running a Broadcastify feed even though there may be mulitiple feeds for the same frequency in a county is they are using the feed down notification feature to monitor the status of the feed equipment at your station. If their box gets unplugged from either power or the internet they will get notification within 15 minutes and get in touch with you. You can do basically the same thing with a Raspberry Pi you purchase yourself for a total investment of less than $100 excluding the scanner.

See the RPi thread in the Software forum:
Software - The RadioReference.com Forums

krokus

Premium Subscriber
I have not talked with the eDispatch people, but I have been told the audio they utilize is taken directly from the dispatch console.

Based on the audio traits, I doubt those reports. While the audio is good, it lacks that "direct from the source" feel.

Sent via Tapatalk

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
Feed Commercialization?

Please see on Audio Feed Commercialization LINK ::roll:

Max:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.