Audio test

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjbjr

Ive received 2 emails today of no audio. Now i checked archives of this morning and it sounded fine. so I come home to see the 2 emails,and not sure how to reply or what to do. Isnt it possible that today is just a dead day and nothing much going on? I know i can pull up archives,but i dont wanna listen for 30 minutes straight waiting on audio that may or may not have anything

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
If you are a feed provider your status doesn't reflect it, so maybe your feed is down (assuming you're a feed provider)?

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
I am a provider and the feed isn't down. Wonder if they changed something? ??

That's odd as I thought as a feed provider that would show up on your status, but yours shows "Premium Subscriber"....unless you have more than one account...

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber
I know i can pull up archives,but i dont wanna listen for 30 minutes straight waiting on audio that may or may not have anything

You could always just download an mp3 from the archive and pull it into an audio processing application such as Audacity. It would be immediately obvious visually if there was any activity in the 30 minute segment.

mjbjr

You could always just download an mp3 from the archive and pull it into an audio processing application such as Audacity. It would be immediately obvious visually if there was any activity in the 30 minute segment.

That is a great tool. i checked the last 2 hours and nothing at all. Thats a bit strange. Guess ill start back over in the Ga section. Thanks for the help and the program help.

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber
Glad I could help!

Now I gotta get a UPS for my feed 'puter and radios . . . I'm sitting here in the (almost) dark with no power, but my laptop still has four hours left in it, using my iPhone as a hotspot for internet access. Ugh!

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
When viewing your own posts in the forums your icon may not display. Whenever your feed is offline, even temporarily, you will loose that icon as well. Also try refreshing the page.

Last edited:

mjbjr

I have disabled it. But I checked audio for about the last 12 hours or so and no audio. I got audio last around midnight last night.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I have disabled it. But I checked audio for about the last 12 hours or so and no audio. I got audio last around midnight last night.

Look on your statistics page and see if your feed was down. You may also have an issue with your scanner or your computer, such as a bad audio cable.

If it happens around midnight make sure you have all the control channels programmed as they sometimes change around midnight. This would definitely cause a no audio issue.

Last edited:

mjbjr

the feed has been up,I checked. The computer,nothing has changed on it since I set it up.Not even windows updates. Its a new router,computer,modem..I dont understand.

Update...Its now working again.Grr

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
the feed has been up,I checked. The computer,nothing has changed on it since I set it up.Not even windows updates. Its a new router,computer,modem..I dont understand.

Update...Its now working again.Grr

See Post #13. This could be a scanner issue. Make sure you have all the frequencies programmed, and correct. There is also the possibility some have changed and the DB has not been updated yet.

Last edited:

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I peeked at your county page. It says there may be Phase II in use on that system. Are you using a Phase II capable scanner?

Some talkgroups on this system are using Project 25 Phase II TDMA modulation which can ONLY be monitored using a P25 Phase II compatible scanner.

NFR85

Im using a pro-197,I dont know about the technical stuff as Phase II

Here is a link about Phase II APCO Project 25 - The RadioReference Wiki

Pro-197 is not Phase II compatible. You would need to check out the BCD996XT if you can afford it. If your area is on Phase II and your not using a Phase II it will be silent. There maybe times where there not using Phase II. Hope this helps

N8IAA

Here is a link about Phase II APCO Project 25 - The RadioReference Wiki

Pro-197 is not Phase II compatible. You would need to check out the BCD996XT if you can afford it. If your area is on Phase II and your not using a Phase II it will be silent. There maybe times where there not using Phase II. Hope this helps

996XT is not Phase II capable.
Unless the TGID's have been changed to TDMA, which has not been verified in the GA forum or database, it is to be presumed that they are Phase I. There are people monitoring the system with Phase II capable scanners, and are not getting Phase II TGID's.
It has been well documented that there are problems monitoring this system.
It would be nice if someone ran Pro96com on the system to see what is going on. I don't live in the area, so it won't be me.
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.