RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Site Administration Forums > Live Audio Feed Administration

Live Audio Feed Administration Administration topics for live audio broadcasting on Broadcastify.com. This forum is for feed providers to get support.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-06-2014, 10:59 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Hijacked live audio feed- Request for private message

Could someone responsible for coordinating the live audio feeds please send me a private message?

Apparently, the live audio feed I have been providing for a number of years has been "hijacked" to another provider without any complaints as to my feed, problem notification or dialog with RR. I hope that an error has been made, but I would rather not discuss this in an open forum.

Thanks!

KAA951
Sponsored links
Old 07-07-2014, 6:47 AM

As long as the encoding software on your computer is still connecting to RR/Broadcastify servers, it's probably safe to say that there's no "hijacking" going on. Check the settings in your encoding software to make sure that it's still connecting to RR's servers. If you're using Scannercast for RR, then it will only connect to RR's servers and I don't believe it can be changed.
Old 07-07-2014, 7:16 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Is it a hijack,or are they rebroadcasting your feed?
Old 07-07-2014, 7:41 AM
Global DB Admin/Senior Mod
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

If I understand correctly, another feed has popped up in the area which basically duplicates the OP's feed.

I believe if a feed offers something slightly different, it will be accepted even though the content offers what another feeder is already feeding.

Sorry but I don't accept PM's. Please use email instead.
Old 07-07-2014, 7:45 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Same feed, different provider?

RR isn't strict on feeds being very similar. So if someone has created a feed with some of the same departments then I think your out of luck. If that is what is going on.
Sponsored links
Old 07-07-2014, 9:05 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by frazpo View Post
RR isn't strict on feeds being very similar. So if someone has created a feed with some of the same departments then I think your out of luck. If that is what is going on.
It wouldn't bother me if someone even duplicated my feed. If one went down people could listen to the other one or pick the one they like best.
Ham Gear: Icom 7000, U82, V82, V8
Old 07-07-2014, 11:13 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaf1956 View Post
It wouldn't bother me if someone even duplicated my feed. If one went down people could listen to the other one or pick the one they like best.
I agree. At times some competition is good. It will keep the quality and up time in the green.
Great backup in a case where an outage knocks one down. Redundancy.
Old 07-07-2014, 4:40 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Since no one from RR has contacted me, I guess I will have to air this in public.

I have been a long time RR (2004) member and live audio feed provider. My feed provides fire and EMS coverage in Topeka / Shawnee County Kansas. I have had no complaints as to the feed or my managment of the feed. Overall, the feed probably was up more than 95% of the time and worked through a dedicated PC.

I took the feed down for a few weeks for maintenance as the radio systems were in the midst of a change from analog to P-25 and I needed time to reprogram my receiver and get used ot the new system. I updated the feed message to indicate that it would be down for maintenance. Now, with no warning or ANY communications from RR- my feed has suddenly been swept off my accounty and is being provided by another member- who has only been on RR since December!

I have put a great amount of time and effort into providing a good audio feed- from updating and upgrading my equipment to installing an exterior antenna. I hope that someone has made a mistake in the assignment of this and that it can be worked out- but so far, no one from RR has responded.

Any advice on this would be appreciated.
Old 07-07-2014, 5:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAA951 View Post
Since no one from RR has contacted me, I guess I will have to air this in public.

I have been a long time RR (2004) member and live audio feed provider. My feed provides fire and EMS coverage in Topeka / Shawnee County Kansas. I have had no complaints as to the feed or my managment of the feed. Overall, the feed probably was up more than 95% of the time and worked through a dedicated PC.

I took the feed down for a few weeks for maintenance as the radio systems were in the midst of a change from analog to P-25 and I needed time to reprogram my receiver and get used ot the new system. I updated the feed message to indicate that it would be down for maintenance. Now, with no warning or ANY communications from RR- my feed has suddenly been swept off my accounty and is being provided by another member- who has only been on RR since December!

I have put a great amount of time and effort into providing a good audio feed- from updating and upgrading my equipment to installing an exterior antenna. I hope that someone has made a mistake in the assignment of this and that it can be worked out- but so far, no one from RR has responded.

Please do not take this the wrong way but you aired it out here first. You could have sent a pm to the live audio admin yourself and more than likely have got your questions answered and not put it out in the public forum.Also after a week or two as has been stated before and your feed is offline it gets deleted and you have to reapply.I think their is a live audio handbook with all the rules and options on the site.

Last edited by mule1075; 07-07-2014 at 5:08 PM..
Sponsored links
Old 07-07-2014, 5:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mule1075 View Post
Please do not take this the wrong way but you aired it out here first. You could have sent a pm to the live audio admin yourself and more than likely have got your questions answered and not put it out in the public forum.Also after a week or two as has been stated before and your feed is offline it gets deleted and you have to reapply.I think their is a live audio handbook with all the rules and options on the site.
So in all reality your feed went offline for a bit and someone else stepped up and provided their own.
Old 07-07-2014, 5:23 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
I attempted to PM several admins, but none had their PMs set up to take messages. I searched all over the site and wiki for a contact to no avail. I also looked specifically for any rules as to when a feed is cancelled, reassigned etc and could not find one. All I could find was the terms of what could be aired on a live feed.

Please, you would be helping if you could provide me with a PM to contact the live audio admin and/or point me to the rules that deal with how long a site is down before it is reassigned.

Regardless, I think it is poor that they reassigned my feed- same name and details that I wrote- to another user without even contacting me.
Old 07-07-2014, 5:34 PM

Quote:
I attempted to PM several admins, but none had their PMs set up to take messages. I searched all over the site and wiki for a contact to no avail. I also looked specifically for any rules as to when a feed is cancelled, reassigned etc and could not find one. All I could find was the terms of what could be aired on a live feed.

Please, you would be helping if you could provide me with a PM to contact the live audio admin and/or point me to the rules that deal with how long a site is down before it is reassigned.

Regardless, I think it is poor that they reassigned my feed- same name and details that I wrote- to another user without even contacting me.
kendrik578@broadcastify.com
Old 07-07-2014, 5:40 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Thanks!
Old 07-07-2014, 5:43 PM

Quote:
Thanks!
No problem this might be of help to you also.
https://broadcastify.zendesk.com/ent...being-offline-
Old 07-07-2014, 5:43 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Broadcasting Feeds - The RadioReference Wiki

Half way down you see the notifications sent while the feed is down.

Feed Notification Settings

Time Down Action
============================================
15 min Email Notification to Feed Owner
6 Hours Email Notification to Feed Owner
24 Hours Email Notification to Feed Owner
7 days Email Notification to Feed Owner
14 days Email notification and feed deactivated.
21 days Feed deleted.

Running off a Pro-197
Sponsored links
Old 07-08-2014, 8:52 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Post Extended Feed down time

Quote:

In the future try sending Richard a PM telling him that your feed will be down for an extended amount of time and it won't get deleted. I did this once or twice and all was well and good. Just putting on your feed status that it will be down doesn't notify RR. And I am sure if you contact him he will put your feed back on the system.
Ham Gear: Icom 7000, U82, V82, V8
Old 07-08-2014, 6:32 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaf1956 View Post
In the future try sending Richard a PM telling him that your feed will be down for an extended amount of time and it won't get deleted. I did this once or twice and all was well and good. Just putting on your feed status that it will be down doesn't notify RR. And I am sure if you contact him he will put your feed back on the system.
I second that about sending Rich a PM when your feed is going to be down for awhile. There is also the Help tab on the feed management page where you can send the admins a message about your feed.
Old 07-09-2014, 5:06 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

As already pointed out, information regarding feed deletion after extended periods of offline time is readily available. The correct method for submitting a request of this nature would have been to use form on the Help tab under Manage My Feed.
Old 07-09-2014, 9:05 PM
Live Audio Administrator
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:

You have no active feeds under this user name.

You indicated you took your feed offline for maintenance.

We auto delete feeds when they are offline for 21 days.

We could have saved your feed if you had asked us to.

We approve feeds on a first come bases if there is no existing feed for the same agencies.
Live Audio Administrator

richtidd@broadcastify.com

My online scanners:
SMCo, Tuolumne Co