RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Site Administration Forums > Live Audio Listener Support

Live Audio Listener Support This forum will act as a place for individuals who listen to feeds to provide comments or concerns about specific feeds. All feed providers should monitor this forum for feedback on their feeds.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-11-2012, 7:35 PM

Question Houston (TX) Fire & EMS Feed

With Hurricane Isaac's arrival, the Houston Fire & EMS feed was replaced by the Salt Grass Link amateur radio feed. Any idea on when the Houston Fire feed will return? Thanks!
Sponsored links
Old 09-12-2012, 4:16 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by w7340 View Post
With Hurricane Isaac's arrival, the Houston Fire & EMS feed was replaced by the Salt Grass Link amateur radio feed. Any idea on when the Houston Fire feed will return? Thanks!
That happened to coincide with HFD's (brief) switchover to the Houston Public Works P25 Phase II system. They're back on UHF now, but I doubt the feed provider will continue with the HFD feed.
SHSU '13
Old 09-12-2012, 5:49 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfn002 View Post
That happened to coincide with HFD's (brief) switchover to the Houston Public Works P25 Phase II system. They're back on UHF now, but I doubt the feed provider will continue with the HFD feed.
the feed will not return for HFD I don't have a scanner that will monitor them and since this is brief before they return to x2 or P2 I don't see a reason to have it up just for that short amount of time.
TX, LA, MS Admin for repraterbook.com
Old 09-12-2012, 7:32 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfn002 View Post

Make that X2, not Phase 2.

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something."
Old 09-13-2012, 8:25 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinC View Post
Make that X2, not Phase 2.
Sorry. I get the two confused.
SHSU '13
Sponsored links
Old 09-15-2012, 1:18 PM

Default Bummer!

Thanks for all of the information. I guess time will tell if the HFD feed comes back. I really miss being able to hear what is going on in Houston!
Old 09-15-2012, 8:26 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by w7340 View Post
Thanks for all of the information. I guess time will tell if the HFD feed comes back. I really miss being able to hear what is going on in Houston!
Well you maybe in luch withh the new information in an email that I have gotten it says that we will be able to monitor them even with the HP-1 and others so if that happens and we should know befor the end of the year then I will put the feed back up for people to listen too including you. I just want to wait and make sure that we will be able to monitor them before i put it up so I don't have to bring it back down again.
TX, LA, MS Admin for repraterbook.com
Old 09-16-2012, 4:22 PM

Default More HFD Information

Yes, time will tell. There was an article in today's (9/16) Houston Chronicle about testing of the new digital system. It mentioned that scanners are not yet available. The new system is supposed to be in use by year end. I could not readily determine what will be done until the new system is fully up and running.
Old 12-16-2012, 6:02 PM

Question Houston (TX) Fire & EMS Feed Back!!

A big thanks to whomever got the HFD Fire & EMS scanner feed back on line. It is nice to have the dispatch channel back also. However, I do have a question. Is there a chance that channels TAC 7 and TAC 8 will be back? These are mainly used for fire calls and seem to be missing. Thanks!
Sponsored links