Just Curious Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.

joen7xxx

Just curious why the Chicago feed is almost always the number one feed in the world. It is not the largest city. Is there just that much more interesting traffic than NYC or LA or is there just a following who is parked there day in and day out?

One13Truck

Feed Provider
Just making a guess but there seems to be quite the increase in violent crime in Chicago so there's most likely quite a bit going on for the feed. I listen to the fire on occasion but haven't really listened in on the police side to say for sure.

Rob1956

Feed Provider
I live in a suburb about seventeen air miles southwest of the loop and yes, crime has increased by leaps and bounds. Our great mayor, the Godfather, Rham, can't do anything about it. So if you want to hear stabbings, shootings, theft, burglary, police in peril, Chicago is the place to listen. As a Chicago native, I'm disgusted by it's total lack of government leadership, . I'm out here in the relatively safe suburbs. I never go into the city anymore for anything. It's a shame because I'd love to go the Field Museum, Museum of Science and Industry, Shedd Aquariium, etc, but never again.

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
There is nothing wrong with going into the city. I spent a weekend with wife and 2 girls 9-12 downtown and went to Navy pier, museum campus,Chinatown and MSI. All using busses and EL trains. As long as you use your common sense , aware of your surroundings and dont make yourself a target. Your fine. I saw very little trouble and a good police presence. The violence is in the South and West sides. It always has been. Dont be paranoid.

RGValleyGal

Premium Subscriber
Their crime rate is horrendously high! Activity never stops! Great feed to listen to but for several days, there is no sound. Shows listeners, but don't know where they are. Have seen other posts somewhere on here about the lack of sound. Chicago station is probably the hopping-est channel ever!

RGValleyGal

Premium Subscriber
YOU GUESSED WHY IT IS SUCH HIGH TRAFFIC ON CHICAGO CHANNEL! High crime rate, worse than NYC or anywhere else. The city is 24/7 non-stop crime! But lately, no sound. Any idea of what is up???

Rob1956

Feed Provider
Yeah, I used to live near Wrigley Eield,usually s low crime rate area,but moved to the burbs after my apartment was robbed 3 times in 13 months. All quiet in Palos Park until my next door neighbor killed his wife then himself in April, 2012. Can't go anywhere for relief I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.