RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Site Administration Forums > Live Audio Listener Support

Live Audio Listener Support This forum will act as a place for individuals who listen to feeds to provide comments or concerns about specific feeds. All feed providers should monitor this forum for feedback on their feeds.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-21-2013, 4:28 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Scanner Radio Pro app - ignoring Chicago

Is there any way to blacklist individual feeds from alerting? Basically I would like to keep my alert threshold at 750, but thanks to the lack of civilization in Chicago I have had to turn it up to 1000 which lately even that has been triggering every single night. I don't give a crap about who is shooting who in Murder Central. I want to be alerted early to stuff that happens, so I don't want to turn the threshold up higher.. The Chicago feed has basically become the equivalent of the smoke alarm in the kitchen that goes off every time you cook.

Last edited by KD0TAZ; 10-21-2013 at 4:30 AM..
Sponsored links

Old 10-21-2013, 12:59 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Perhaps you should reach out to the Scanner Radio Pro app developer as your using their app and its this app that has the alerts in it..
Old 10-21-2013, 2:10 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

It's Gordon's app.. He's the feed admin here. Before I bother him directly I figured I'd see if anyone had figured out a way to do it.
Old 10-23-2013, 12:59 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

open the scanner you no longer want to hear, press menu, press configure alert, set an individual alert to 10,000 and you wont receive alerts anymore. Each feed can have its own threshold.
Old 10-23-2013, 7:18 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Well I learned 2 things today that I never knew (I think). I like that app and never knew who made it. Great work with it, BTW.

I also never knew you could set individual feed alerts so I disabled the alerts completely for similar reasons. Now I'll turn it back on again and weed out the ones I don't want to know about. TY!

210XLT, 120XLT, BCT2, Pro-90, Pro-2048, Pro-94, BCT15X, BCD396XT, BCD996XT
Sponsored links
Old 10-29-2013, 12:10 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems170 View Post
open the scanner you no longer want to hear, press menu, press configure alert, set an individual alert to 10,000 and you wont receive alerts anymore. Each feed can have its own threshold.
Awesome info brother, thanks! I also (obviously) didn't realize that they could have individual settings that would override the global.

73!