RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Louisiana Radio Discussion Forum

Louisiana Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Louisiana.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-29-2013, 1:14 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

792 range is the input for the repeater

Sent from my ONN K7 using Tapatalk
Old 10-29-2013, 2:02 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Loaded All

Quote:
Originally Posted by regression View Post
I am having a problem picking up the system in south Baton Rouge. I have a Uniden BCD396T. I have tried these two control channels, 774.54375 and 769.19375. Am I using control channels for the wrong sites?
When I was traveling through that area, I ended up loading every single system frequency. Then, I was able to hear things on my PSR 500.
Old 12-10-2013, 3:33 PM
Careful, I CAN hear you!
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Default LWIN work

Over the next month or so, I will be doing massive updating to the LWIN DB entries to get them not only a tad easier for you guys to use, but to streamline the data all around. The first step was creating the Colleges and Universities category to organize ALL the schools in one spot. I will also work on putting Acadian EMS etc in more user friendly formatting in the next day or so. Then I will go through the whole shebang and try to get it all looking and working much better, so consider this an heads up that changes are coming.

TY in advance for your understanding, and assistance.
Old 12-10-2013, 3:39 PM

Default Louisiana Wireless Information Network (LWIN) Discussion

Thank you sir I can not wait till it has been all reset I'll still get some talk groups for the new JP government system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-15-2013, 7:52 PM
Careful, I CAN hear you!
Database Admin

OK am halfway done with first run through. Once that is done I will do fine tuning.
Sponsored links
Old 12-21-2013, 11:06 AM
Careful, I CAN hear you!
Database Admin

Default Concordia Query

OK, I know for a fact that EVERY Parish was assigned a set of 4 Interop Coordination TG's. Every one of the 4 tg's is in the 41XXX range. Somehow the Concordia Parish GOSHEP IOC tg's has never been listed. Anyone have these so I can get them added?
Old 12-21-2013, 11:51 AM

Can someone explain the new database information? I have no clue what is going on, it is so confusing now. I imported the information directly into the radio, and I was shocked because I could not understand the names. I looked online and saw what looks to me like a mess, compared to what it was. what are those numbers? i cant figure out what it its supposed to mean. I am going to head up to the radio shack and have the guy fix it back to the way I had it. please go back to the old way so I know who is talking.

thanks
Old 12-21-2013, 12:32 PM
Careful, I CAN hear you!
Database Admin

Each Parish has a assigned FIPS number, as is being done with other Statewide systems, I am using the number given to each Parish to make the Alpha Tag much simpler than having to have a hodge podge of chopped up confusing mixture of tags. This is in conjunction of bringing the descriptions into line with our policies as put forth in our admin guidelines we use on how to display data. Once I am through with the entire thing, the LWIN listings will not only be much simpler for displays, but easier to understand, and more usable. (If you look at the Database listings, you will see those numbers in the headings for EVERY single section of talkgroups.)
Old 12-21-2013, 12:37 PM

But how are we supposed to remember the numbers? That "heading" is not on my scanner. Even though this is a statewide system, i and i am sure others are not driving around the state everyday. i like to listen to my local parishes and cities, and if I keep using this way, i would have to write down on a seaprate piece of paper. not to mention the abbreviations are all so short now.

why do we have to change to what other states are doing? the other way was so much easier to read and remember, now three letters are taken up with two numbers and a dash. the display is so limited already, seems wasteful.

i hope i can my scanner back to how it was with the help of some peopple. i will justr start maintaining my own list.
Sponsored links
Old 12-21-2013, 1:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by milf View Post
OK, I know for a fact that EVERY Parish was assigned a set of 4 Interop Coordination TG's. Every one of the 4 tg's is in the 41XXX range. Somehow the Concordia Parish GOSHEP IOC tg's has never been listed. Anyone have these so I can get them added?
I have Concordia traffic on the Alexandria tower site but have not seen any unidentifiable talkgroups in the 41xxx range so far. If something shows up I'll let you know.
Old 12-21-2013, 2:06 PM
Careful, I CAN hear you!
Database Admin

TY, somehow when we were first setting up the LWIN in the db, that set of IOC's never got added.
Old 12-21-2013, 2:12 PM
Careful, I CAN hear you!
Database Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickel9111 View Post
But how are we supposed to remember the numbers? That "heading" is not on my scanner. Even though this is a statewide system, i and i am sure others are not driving around the state everyday. i like to listen to my local parishes and cities, and if I keep using this way, i would have to write down on a seaprate piece of paper. not to mention the abbreviations are all so short now.

why do we have to change to what other states are doing? the other way was so much easier to read and remember, now three letters are taken up with two numbers and a dash. the display is so limited already, seems wasteful.

i hope i can my scanner back to how it was with the help of some peopple. i will justr start maintaining my own list.
The database should be on an uniform format as much as possible. We admins have an "Admin Handbook" in E Format that we are ALL supposed to follow to keep the entire db on track. I let a lot of things slide for far too long due to absences and other reasons. I am now getting all 4 of my states in line with our polices to be correct. Where it is feasible to vary slightly on things and not be in violation of our policies, I will do so if it makes things user friendly. Other than that, I will follow guidelines.
Old 12-21-2013, 3:33 PM

i have been clicking on states all over, and so far i have only found 2 systems that have the same format as this one. It appears the whole website is violating its own policies then, if you say it is in a handbook.

Either way, the other way made much more sense, and was easily understood. I was thinking about buying a new uniden model, which would let things be more organized, but it will be totally unusable this way especially things that get lumped in together, like various agencies, schools etc. how we can distiguish department will be impossible, before it would have made sense. loading the groups into my gre(RS) model and my uniden models have worked great until now, using a good method to break things up. If I had to turn on a School Department now and get every college, university, high school in one big group, that would be lot of extra scanning groups for nothing. the new handheld I can select avoid on all of the ones I do not want, but using the old method I could just turn entire departments on and off.

I am going to tally up as many systems as I can find with this new way, and ask in the site administration forum about what makes sense. How on earth anyone could remember numbers for different agencies I can't imagine.

thanks anyway.
Old 12-22-2013, 8:46 PM
Careful, I CAN hear you!
Database Admin

First run thru done... Will now go to AWIN, then MSWIN, TACN, and then come back to all the Counties/Parishes for fine tuning.
Old 07-06-2014, 10:47 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default French Quarter

Planning a trip to the French Quarter latter this summer. Can someone tell which NOPD district that is located in.
Sponsored links

Old 07-06-2014, 11:19 AM

District 8 which uses NOPD - DISP1
Old 07-20-2014, 2:56 PM

Default 700/800 MHz ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevins669 View Post
The governing authority has adopted the name Louisiana Wireless Information Network, or LWIN, for the statewide 700/800 MHz P25 communications system.

As such, all references to the former name, "LATIE," should not be used, and will be updated on RadioReference on next touch.

This new thread will be the new home for LWIN discussion.

Edit: The original LATIE thread can be found using this link.
I am trying to find out when the 700/800 mhz will be added to the Sabine Parish Database.
Old 07-21-2014, 2:55 PM
Careful, I CAN hear you!
Database Admin

Look at the bottom of the Parish page. there you will find links to the TRS's in use. LWIN is there.
Old 07-21-2014, 3:33 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default french Quarter and NOPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonya View Post
Planning a trip to the French Quarter latter this summer. Can someone tell which NOPD district that is located in.
You might think of adding all the NOPD talkgroups, especially the various police Districts, talk channels and especially the specialized units, such as Crime Scene, etc. A hot pursuit can easily run through several Districts; the French Quarter is only about a square mile in size. Enjoy!
Old 07-22-2014, 3:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesPrine View Post
You might think of adding all the NOPD talkgroups, especially the various police Districts, talk channels and especially the specialized units, such as Crime Scene, etc. A hot pursuit can easily run through several Districts; the French Quarter is only about a square mile in size. Enjoy!
Is there a list somewhere on the site? I see that the LWIN info has D1-D10 as dispatch channels, but I don't see a list that shows what is what. I know that D10 is a talk around channel, or that's what it was used for this morning. Does the Dispatch channel number indicate the District?

I'm mostly interested in the Warehouse and French Quarter areas, but have the entire system programmed in.

Also, what does "Code 4" mean for EMS?

Thanks.

Tags
jpso, latie, louisiana, lwin, nopd, sticky