RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Louisiana Radio Discussion Forum

Louisiana Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Louisiana.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-22-2014, 4:03 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Looking it up I ( code 4) think it may be homicide

Sent from my Torque using Tapatalk
Old 07-22-2014, 5:54 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by riccom View Post
Looking it up I ( code 4) think it may be homicide

A Homicide is a Signal 30. Code 4 means "no other units needed; everything is under control at this time"...
Old 07-22-2014, 5:59 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Code 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by garys View Post
Is there a list somewhere on the site? I see that the LWIN info has D1-D10 as dispatch channels, but I don't see a list that shows what is what. I know that D10 is a talk around channel, or that's what it was used for this morning. Does the Dispatch channel number indicate the District?

I'm mostly interested in the Warehouse and French Quarter areas, but have the entire system programmed in.

Also, what does "Code 4" mean for EMS?

Thanks.
It means, more or less, that everything is under control, we're OK, no need for any additional units, and so on.

As for NOPD talkgroups, just look them up here in the RR database, NOPD has something like 49 talkgroups, only one encrypted, and they are all clearly marked. New Orleans is, after all, a very small city as far as territory is concerned, you can drive across it in 20 minutes or so, late at night.
Old 07-22-2014, 6:42 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesPrine View Post
It means, more or less, that everything is under control, we're OK, no need for any additional units, and so on.

As for NOPD talkgroups, just look them up here in the RR database, NOPD has something like 49 talkgroups, only one encrypted, and they are all clearly marked. New Orleans is, after all, a very small city as far as territory is concerned, you can drive across it in 20 minutes or so, late at night.
The talk groups are labeled Dispatch 1, Dispatch 2, Dispatch 3, but I'm not sure if those correlate to the districts. The DB here is not clear on that.

From the context of the EMS traffic that's not what Code 4 means as they are told they do or don't have a Code 4 and sometimes are given a talk group assignment.
Old 07-22-2014, 8:58 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
The talk groups are labeled Dispatch 1, Dispatch 2, Dispatch 3, but I'm not sure if those correlate to the districts. The DB here is not clear on that.

From the context of the EMS traffic that's not what Code 4 means as they are told they do or don't have a Code 4 and sometimes are given a talk group assignment.
I worked in both metro NOLA EMS and the NOPD for quite a few years, and I told you what I know from my experience. I have no reason or need to lie. As for the District TGs, sometimes they have problems, and in that case, they usually link the 1st and 8th Districts, 2nd and 6th, 3rd and 7th, and the 4th and 5th. Like I said earlier, New Orleans is a pretty small city and that's the way they roll. Before trunking, in the old UHF days, we only had 12 channels for all of NOPD, and EMS was part of the NOPD as a specizlized unit.

Hope this helps.
Sponsored links
Old 07-22-2014, 9:03 PM

Quote:
Also, what does "Code 4" mean for EMS?
EMS will not enter a shooting/violent crime scene until the scene is "Code 4." (situation under control).
Old 07-22-2014, 9:38 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Thanks. I heard the PD dispatchers combining districts onto channels about 2300 last night. The explanation by nx_2000 for Code 4 clarifies that part for me. I didn't think you were lying, what you said just didn't make complete sense to me. Combined with the accents () it wasn't quite clear what I was hearing. A few more days, which I don't have, I'd have figured it out.

Just to clarify, normally Dispatch 1 is for District 1 and so on?

We were having dinner a couple of hours ago and three plain clothes NOPD officers came in to eat. The audio from their portables didn't sound any better than from my 436HP and on one transmission the traffic totally digitized.

Quote:
I worked in both metro NOLA EMS and the NOPD for quite a few years, and I told you what I know from my experience. I have no reason or need to lie. As for the District TGs, sometimes they have problems, and in that case, they usually link the 1st and 8th Districts, 2nd and 6th, 3rd and 7th, and the 4th and 5th. Like I said earlier, New Orleans is a pretty small city and that's the way they roll. Before trunking, in the old UHF days, we only had 12 channels for all of NOPD, and EMS was part of the NOPD as a specizlized unit.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by garys; 07-22-2014 at 9:44 PM..
Old 07-23-2014, 3:59 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default NOPD

At present, New Orleans has eight police districts. The 8th District (French Quarter) is New Orleans' smallest police district, but it gets most of the attention, due to its high profile. The 7th District (New Orleans East) is, geographically speaking, the largest, The 4th District is on the West Bank of the Mississippi River. The 5th District is in the Lower Ninth Ward, the infamous "Bloody Sixth" is in the warehouse district. The Fifth District's night watch used to be the 'disciplinary district' for problem children, that's where you were sent if you offended the administration or wanted combat <g>. The Sad 2nd is uptown and houses Tulane and Loyola universities, so those guys have to contend with a plethora of wealthy,drunk, smartass yankee punks (Jerry Springer is a Tulane product). The 3rd District is out along Lake Pontchartrain where some of the City's more affluent residents are domiciled; the old money is stashed Uptown, mostly along St. Charles Avenue. Understand that incredibly wealthy people are living just blocks away from 'housing projects' containing some of the City's most violent criminal predators.

A compass for driving around is useless, the City is divided along Canal Street into North and South streets, etc., and those aren't really correct as far as compass headings indicate. And remember, the New Orleans metro area has a large group of law enforcement entities, including the Orleans Sheriff, the Orleans Levee District (a State agency, like the Harbor Police), the Causeway Police, the Bridge Police, the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office, the Gretna and Westwego and Kenner Police Departments, and various University police agencies, as well as the Louisiana State Police, Wildlife & Fisheries, Alcohol & Beverage Control, and of course the various Federal entities.

Enjoy!
Old 07-25-2014, 9:39 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

That's a great update. Unfortunately we had to leave yesterday afternoon. We'll probably be back at some point. You really should submit some of that to the database as it would make listening to NOPD easier and more enjoyable for people who aren't as familiar with the system as are you.

We ended up staying in Sulfur last night. I programmed in the LWIN Lake Charles and Sulphur sites as well as the sheriff, LC public safety, Sulfur public safety, and LSP Troop D talk groups. Of all of that I only heard the LCFD on an administrative channel, two sheriff dispatch channels (very busy), and some of the Troop D traffic. I downloaded all of the info using the RR and ARC536. I don't know if I missed the correct tower for Lake Charles or what, but I expected to hear more.

Quote:
At present, New Orleans has eight police districts. The 8th District (French Quarter) is New Orleans' smallest police district, but it gets most of the attention, due to its high profile. The 7th District (New Orleans East) is, geographically speaking, the largest, The 4th District is on the West Bank of the Mississippi River. The 5th District is in the Lower Ninth Ward, the infamous "Bloody Sixth" is in the warehouse district. The Fifth District's night watch used to be the 'disciplinary district' for problem children, that's where you were sent if you offended the administration or wanted combat <g>. The Sad 2nd is uptown and houses Tulane and Loyola universities, so those guys have to contend with a plethora of wealthy,drunk, smartass yankee punks (Jerry Springer is a Tulane product). The 3rd District is out along Lake Pontchartrain where some of the City's more affluent residents are domiciled; the old money is stashed Uptown, mostly along St. Charles Avenue. Understand that incredibly wealthy people are living just blocks away from 'housing projects' containing some of the City's most violent criminal predators.

A compass for driving around is useless, the City is divided along Canal Street into North and South streets, etc., and those aren't really correct as far as compass headings indicate. And remember, the New Orleans metro area has a large group of law enforcement entities, including the Orleans Sheriff, the Orleans Levee District (a State agency, like the Harbor Police), the Causeway Police, the Bridge Police, the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office, the Gretna and Westwego and Kenner Police Departments, and various University police agencies, as well as the Louisiana State Police, Wildlife & Fisheries, Alcohol & Beverage Control, and of course the various Federal entities.

Enjoy!
Sponsored links
Old 07-27-2014, 5:48 PM
Careful, I CAN hear you!
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Default New Site Licenses

New LWIN Licenses:
6745 BAYOU BLACK DRIVE (304822), GIBSON (TERREBONNE) LA
Support your local Scanologists!
Old 07-27-2014, 6:59 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Default bayou black drive new lwin freqs

I remember fire district 8 now known as west Terrebonne fire....always having issues with their radios picking up the gray tower.....so this will help them and bayou l'oures fire department....
'
Old 07-27-2014, 7:01 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by milf View Post
New LWIN Licenses:
6745 BAYOU BLACK DRIVE (304822), GIBSON (TERREBONNE) LA
any timeline on when this tower will be up and running
Old 07-27-2014, 7:17 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Give them 3 to 6 weeks my guess

Old 07-27-2014, 7:33 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

I pass on bayou black drive every other week.....enroute to and from houma....and I will definetally be checking for control channels in the upcoming weeks
Old 08-15-2014, 6:39 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Default TG 21046

hearing traffic on st.mary parish talkgroups of 21046....not getting many landmarks to pinpoint what town this could be
Sponsored links
Old 08-21-2014, 5:28 PM

Radio Operators in the Amelia are doing a lot of radio testing and radio counts. Just heard one technician tell the other loud and clear in the Amelia area. I have searched for any new cc's on 700 and have not found any new ones unless it may be an 800 cc. (which is possible). Unless they are just testing the area with existing sites and have not set up a new one yet
Old 08-22-2014, 8:53 PM

Trailer 97, cc 769.1437 very active traffic (Lafourche SO, Terrebonne SO, Kenner PD, Assumpsion SO area Fire Depts). Apparently they a trailer parked in the area where they plan to add a new site. Signal in Patterson is not that strong right now.
Old 10-14-2014, 9:46 PM

New site #152 with CC 774.3937. Active Terrebonne area traffic. Passed by the area the other day and did not notice any new tower or construction in the area of 6745 Bayou Black DR, Gibson. They must have decided to place it somewhere else or on an existing tower in that area. However it appears this is the new site for the Gibson area.
Old 10-15-2014, 8:30 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by teebee View Post
New site #152 with CC 774.3937. Active Terrebonne area traffic. Passed by the area the other day and did not notice any new tower or construction in the area of 6745 Bayou Black DR, Gibson. They must have decided to place it somewhere else or on an existing tower in that area. However it appears this is the new site for the Gibson area.

I passed thru Gibson Thursday and did not notice any new tower either
Old 10-15-2014, 8:41 AM

It's live this morning. It appears they may be starting to use existing tower sites. I noticed the Baldwin site was not put on a new tower either, It was put on an existing tower with other antenna's on it (Cell, Microwave, etc...) Also recently I noticed the tower that was at the troop c station in Gray with 700 antennas is gone and now being used on another tower with Cell antennas on it (shared). I guess the state figured it is cheaper to go that route. If that is the case with the Gray tower that may explain why for the last several months I have a hard time receiving the Gray tower since it has moved, even though it has not moved very far, it has been harder to receive unless the weather permits. Maybe its not as high as the previous one. I used to pick it up 24/7

Tags
jpso, latie, louisiana, lwin, nopd, sticky