LWIN System down during Isaac?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kd5pck

I read on a Yahoo! Group that the link to GOHSEP went down during Isaac.

Apparently, "The part that failed was the links to Baton Rouge EOC State Office/ GOSHEP."

Another member of the group said that the link that the Corps of Engineers uses to contact Baton Rouge went down.
Anyone hear about this? Curious as to more details. Thanks.

Scott
KD5PCK

nx_2000

Premium Subscriber
I was in a New Orleans newsroom throughout the storm, listening to State Interop and GOSHEP channels on my personal scanner... never heard about that particular failure. If I remember right, the EOC in St. John (or maybe somewhere else) temporarily lost landline phone service. That's the only communication breakdown of any kind I recall hearing about.

kd5pck

Thanks for the reply. From the lack of input from others, I can only gather that the outage wasn't that much of a big deal. I suppose it was if you were with one of the agencies that were not able to use the system though. I didn't see anything in any news reports or online trade publications about this. Maybe it will show up eventually.

charlie12

I saw probably the same thing on a Yahoo group. If it did happen they probably don't want the media to get it after all the money spent on LWIN.

JamesPrine

Gohsep

Scott, I monitored several agencies on LWIN, including State Police, GOHSEP, NOPD, Plaquemines S.O., St. Bernard, Hammond Police, Wildlife & Fisheries, Acadian Ambulance, and many others, without any problems or mentions of problems.

I also monitored Entergy and many agencies on VHF (non-trunking); all worked very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.