RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Louisiana Radio Discussion Forum

Louisiana Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Louisiana.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-17-2012, 8:24 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default LWIN System down during Isaac?

I read on a Yahoo! Group that the link to GOHSEP went down during Isaac.

Apparently, "The part that failed was the links to Baton Rouge EOC State Office/ GOSHEP."

Another member of the group said that the link that the Corps of Engineers uses to contact Baton Rouge went down.
Anyone hear about this? Curious as to more details. Thanks.

Scott
KD5PCK
Sponsored links
Old 09-17-2012, 8:35 PM

I was in a New Orleans newsroom throughout the storm, listening to State Interop and GOSHEP channels on my personal scanner... never heard about that particular failure. If I remember right, the EOC in St. John (or maybe somewhere else) temporarily lost landline phone service. That's the only communication breakdown of any kind I recall hearing about.
Old 09-26-2012, 6:45 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Thanks for the reply. From the lack of input from others, I can only gather that the outage wasn't that much of a big deal. I suppose it was if you were with one of the agencies that were not able to use the system though. I didn't see anything in any news reports or online trade publications about this. Maybe it will show up eventually.
Old 09-27-2012, 12:12 PM

I saw probably the same thing on a Yahoo group. If it did happen they probably don't want the media to get it after all the money spent on LWIN.
Old 09-28-2012, 5:57 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Smile Gohsep

Scott, I monitored several agencies on LWIN, including State Police, GOHSEP, NOPD, Plaquemines S.O., St. Bernard, Hammond Police, Wildlife & Fisheries, Acadian Ambulance, and many others, without any problems or mentions of problems.

I also monitored Entergy and many agencies on VHF (non-trunking); all worked very well.
Sponsored links