Verify LWIN works with BCD396xt??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can yall verify that the BCD396xt will work with the LWIN. I was into the scanner world a few years back and had a somewhat good knowledge of trunk tracking, talk groups, LATIE, etc. However, it has been a while but I would like to get back into it with a little help from yall.

I plan on joining the premium membership to use a program for LWIN on the BCD, but I just want to make sure it is the right scanner to use. Any help is appreciated.

riccom

Upstate S.C.
Premium Subscriber
It is, you have a good scanner, and will do the job you want it to

Sent from my Torque using Tapatalk

SCPD

QRT
Can definitely agree, as LWIN is currently situated, there is nothing that particular radio can't handle. Of course, other than encrypted transmissions, which is more of problem in your neck of the woods than it is where I primarily monitor LWIN. Encryption is a big issue in south Louisiana, but don't let that dampen your enthusiasm. There is still plenty of unencrypted radio traffic in that area, too. Good luck!

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
NOLA is itc, LSP is itc... lots of other itc stuff... But yeah, a lot of the SELA LEA's went E.

andyadler

Premium Subscriber
I live in Uptown NO and have used a 396xt for years with no serious issues. There are occasional simulcast hiccups, and it was a bit of a bummer when JPSO encrypted most of its transmissions, but overall it's been a satisfying experience. I have a BCD436HP due in tomorrow, so if any Phase 2 P25 systems pop up, I'm prepared. Will be interesting to compare the two radios, and to my PRO-106. :)

andyadler

Premium Subscriber
It was NOPD that reversed itself on encryption after the media and watchdog groups objected. JPSO went ahead, though from time to time I hear dispatch transmissions in the clear, or just the dispatcher.

Wow. Thanks for all the good information. I did join the premium subscription and loaded up Freescan. I selected by area, and added both North Simulcast and South Simulcast sites. Is this correct? I then clicked all the Jefferson Parish and Orleans Parish groups and hit upload. It works and I can hear some transmissions.

I have been reading up on sites, systems, groups, etc. and I have somewhat of a knowledge about it all but I am not exactly clear.

I think what I would like to do is load up certain things (yes, things) on certain preset buttons that I can turn off and on.

For example - button 1 would be Jeff Parish - button 2 would be Orleans Parish - button 3 would be MSY, etc. I could then scan only 1. Or 2 and 3 at the same time, etc.

Can someone direct me on how to do this using Freescan? I read the online help a few times but I cant exactly get it straight.

Also, what else do you recommend that I listen to? Whats different or interesting that I can tune in on with the BCD396t?

Thanks all. I am glad to be back!

Is there some other forum that I should post this under? I still cant get it.

Also, for GNO scanning, should I only have the South Simulcast site and no other?

riccom

Upstate S.C.
Premium Subscriber
Try the bridge city tower or the pan am site as well

Sent from my Torque using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.