Im a bit new to trunking networks and whatnot and I have a question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grant2053

Does the trunking network for the LCG go offline at a certain time at night?

Because I have an older scanner and it just returns to scan mode looking for the data signal and finds none.

I switched to from trunk mode to manual to switch to the 857.7375 data channel and the frequency is silent.

Any thoughts?

Voyager

Perhaps the data channel changed frequencies?

I'm not familiar with that specific system, but I've never heard of a system going off the air completely at night.

nd5y

Maybe it rotates control channels to one that you don't have programmed.
Try searching the band when that happens and see if there is another control channel.

RonnieUSA

Does the trunking network for the LCG go offline at a certain time at night?

Because I have an older scanner and it just returns to scan mode looking for the data signal and finds none.

I switched to from trunk mode to manual to switch to the 857.7375 data channel and the frequency is silent.

Any thoughts?
Do You have All of the control channels programmed into your scanner?

Lafayette Consolidated Government Trunking System, Lafayette, Louisiana - Scanner Frequencies

balibago

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Frequency change

They are there what's left of them. I think they are using different channels for data than the old .7375s. do a good search on control channel only mode from 856-861. Remember you will also pick up two Entergy sites.

shew

They are there what's left of them. I think they are using different channels for data than the old .7375s. do a good search on control channel only mode from 856-861. Remember you will also pick up two Entergy sites.

if u don't have a phase 2 capable scanner...u won't hear the entergy system ....they switched to phase 2 about a month ago

Status
Not open for further replies.