Lwin freescan help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phreakin318

i am able to hear my conventional stuff but seems the digital and state troopers information on my file must be wrong. gonna attatch my file on here and if anyone gets time can they look at it and see what i am doing wrong. i wanna learn this programming but it seems very hard to do.

Attachments

• edited for winnfield area.zip
    3.1 KB · Views: 121

AC0RV

Feed Provider
Hey I will also take a look at your file.

I still need to know what you want to hear, If I am going make that file for you.

Phreakin318

Hey I will also take a look at your file.

I still need to know what you want to hear, If I am going make that file for you.

emailed ya back. winn parish,jackson parish,lincoln parish sheriffs,police,fire and state troopers, i think the troopers for troop e cover winn parish though and listed as alexandria and the troopers for ruston are listed a ouchita or monroe. i can hear the conventional stuff but not any of the digital or 700mhz for the local stuff. thanks much agin

teufler

file for U

here is your file with changes. I have added a "2" to the file name so you won't confuse the changes. I changed from scan mode to search mode, then system type to digital rather than motorola p25. I know they are about the same but on the state wide 925 systems, I have had better luck with digital settings. Conventionl, I made no changes as you said that was working. Sanner setup, I had added Enable Unir id, anged the battery charge level to 6 hrs , vice 5. Calculating the output of the ac adapter and aa recharge batteries. In serice search, changed 2 to band scope, as you have news in two places.

Attachments

• edited for winnfield area2.zip
    4.6 KB · Views: 110

Phreakin318

here is your file with changes. I have added a "2" to the file name so you won't confuse the changes. I changed from scan mode to search mode, then system type to digital rather than motorola p25. I know they are about the same but on the state wide 925 systems, I have had better luck with digital settings. Conventionl, I made no changes as you said that was working. Sanner setup, I had added Enable Unir id, anged the battery charge level to 6 hrs , vice 5. Calculating the output of the ac adapter and aa recharge batteries. In serice search, changed 2 to band scope, as you have news in two places.

thanks for the help, let me try this file i got from mr.fuller 1st, then will try the one you made me:) not sure about the news thing possably a accident after i reset it to factory defaults. oh do any of yall know why i get illegal voltage sometimes when i plug charger in? i had to turn scanner on,plug it in,then turn it off or it will show illegal voltage even with the proper plug.

teufler

ILLEGAL VOLTAGE, THATS A NEW ONE. iT SHOULD SAY Normal C harging, or Charging complete. Do you have recharagable batteries installed, then in the small switch, on the inside between the batteries, it should be set for nicads rather than alkaline. Possibly that got moved.

Phreakin318

ILLEGAL VOLTAGE, THATS A NEW ONE. iT SHOULD SAY Normal C harging, or Charging complete. Do you have recharagable batteries installed, then in the small switch, on the inside between the batteries, it should be set for nicads rather than alkaline. Possibly that got moved.

switch is in the correct position and batteries are rechargeable, once i turn scanner on,plug it in then turn it back off it shows normal chargeing but if i try to plug it in with the scanner off shows illegal voltage. also does the same thing with my pro137

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
switch is in the correct position and batteries are rechargeable, once i turn scanner on,plug it in then turn it back off it shows normal chargeing but if i try to plug it in with the scanner off shows illegal voltage. also does the same thing with my pro137
If your getting an "illegal voltage" error when plugging in the scanner, it could be one of several things, all related to the ac adapter.

You'll get that message if:
1. The adapter is not providing the correct voltage to the scanner. Either too high, or too low, either will generate that message.
2. The adapter does not provide the current needed for the scanner.

The correct stock adapter is 6 volts output, with 0.8 amps (800 mili-amps) current.

Phreakin318

If your getting an "illegal voltage" error when plugging in the scanner, it could be one of several things, all related to the ac adapter.

You'll get that message if:
1. The adapter is not providing the correct voltage to the scanner. Either too high, or too low, either will generate that message.
2. The adapter does not provide the current needed for the scanner.

The correct stock adapter is 6 volts output, with 0.8 amps (800 mili-amps) current.

yea thanks for the information on the adapter, i think it could be in the firmware because. it also done it with the brand new one i used to have and the charger that came with it as well. i would have thought it might be the scanner or adapter but tried it with 2 different uniden power supply's that come with the scanners, 3 different scanners, different plugs in different homes. so ruled out maybe a home plug problem,adapter issue since more than one are doing it, if anyone has a bcd396xt could maybe test it? try plugging it in with rechargeables before powering it up.

teufler

yes , I have recharables, never seen the message that you are getting. plug in, without batteries, no message. put batteries in, still get nothing likle you hae got. I am using EBL brand, from Amazon, 2800 mah nickel metal batteries. rechargable. Try taking the radio to a friends house, plug in, if you get a normal reading, you have succedded in finding a problem with the ac at your house.

Phreakin318

yes , I have recharables, never seen the message that you are getting. plug in, without batteries, no message. put batteries in, still get nothing likle you hae got. I am using EBL brand, from Amazon, 2800 mah nickel metal batteries. rechargable. Try taking the radio to a friends house, plug in, if you get a normal reading, you have succedded in finding a problem with the ac at your house.

i did different scanners (both bcd396xt) different chargers (stock with both) and 3 different houses. only thing that is the same is the rechargeable batteries they are 3 energizer 2300mah

Status
Not open for further replies.