Slidell PD Moving to STP LWIN Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.

ca702

Starting Thursday morning, Slidell will be moving to the St. Tammany buildout of the LWIN system. Moto 800 analog system will be kept as a backup and for city services.

pinkfish457

Slidell PD Migration

Starting Thursday morning, Slidell will be moving to the St. Tammany buildout of the LWIN system. Moto 800 analog system will be kept as a backup and for city services.

I live in Slidell, and have not heard about the Slidell PD migration to LWIN. The St. Tammany Parish Sheriff's Office (EDACS96) has been migrating to the LWIN frequencies since January, although still transmitting on the EDACS96 frequencies.

I'll monitor both frequencies and report back.

pinkfish457

ca702

I believe all transmissions from the St Tammany LWIN system are encrypted, so there won't be much to monitor.

shaneo

Lwin

Yes all law is going to be lwin digital encryption like Jefferson parish did

jim202

Where are you getting your information from?

The new 700 system has not been accepted yet. It is still under testing and adjustments from what I understand. Yes there are some users on it, but it's just sort of playing with it. Nothing official has been said that any users can be on there using it from what I have been told.

pinkfish457

I agree with you jim202, as I posted from several weeks ago, I monitor both SPD and St. Tammany PD daily and sometimes NOPD and nothing has changed. As soon as it does I'll post.
pinkfish457

ca702

I agree with you jim202, as I posted from several weeks ago, I monitor both SPD and St. Tammany PD daily and sometimes NOPD and nothing has changed. As soon as it does I'll post.
pinkfish457

I think if you listen closely, you'll find that all you hear are Fire District 1, city Animal Control, and other city services. SPD has switched to LWIN and STPSO is soon to follow.

lelanjlaborde

Premium Subscriber
LAWIN

Yes i live in Sulphur and our local agency went to LAWIN 700 megahertz encryption! Thankfully we can still hear fire and Sheriff’s office who use 700 megahertz non encrypted! Just vote out any mayor or public official who allows the freedom of information act not to exist!

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
FOIA has nada to do with radio communications. Do your homework. FOIA is for paper (hard copy) information, such as transcripts, or recordings of radio communications. And yes, you can file an FOIA request... See those documents in a few years. If your FOIA is approved through the courts.

KC5AJP

Premium Subscriber
Lake Charles Police encrypted their channels when the news media was beating police to crime scenes. Sulphur followed suit because of the same problems exacerbated by a retired old man who sits at home and posts every transmission he hears onto Facebook. This caused every citizen to flood to the area to get a picture of the crash scene, crime scene, etc. causing problems. The sheriff's office is in the process of reprogramming their radios to encrypt their channels as well.

pinkfish457

This morning the STPSO frequencies were dead, except for one control channel. I am trying to find the new frequencies.

Any suggestions as to where I can start to search?

KG5FQT

they are now on the state LWIN system. However, they are using encryption. Dont know how much you would be able to hear. Was told Slidell PD has switched also, anything on their frequencies?

pinkfish457

Slidell is still on their regular frequencies this morning.
As soon as Slidell changes, I'll post it.

Very little encrypted voice on the LWIN frequencies this morning. They may still be testing. There is nothing yet on the RR or FCC database.

ca702

Slidell is still on their regular frequencies this morning.
As soon as Slidell changes, I'll post it.

Very little encrypted voice on the LWIN frequencies this morning. They may still be testing. There is nothing yet on the RR or FCC database.

Wrong. They switched weeks ago. A couple of times they moved back to the old system for a day or so to make adjustments, but 95% of the time has been on LWIN. You're probably hearing Fire District 1 or the city water department or something.

pinkfish457

What LWIN control channel are they using? I'll plug it into Unitrunker and see what it finds. I've been monitoring LWIN from the Abita Springs tower, I can't find a CC from Slidell tower.

WA5ZGY

Premium Subscriber
Slidell PD TGID

I see that Slidell PD has moved to LWIN and is encrypted but does anyone have the TGID's
Just want to make sure that BCD436HP mutes the audio

pinkfish457

I have been trying to do the same. I'm using Unitrunker in discover mode, but no TGID's are showing up. Waiting for either the RR or FCC databases to update.

WA5ZGY

Premium Subscriber
For what it is worth I found the following unknown TGID's and all are encrypted.
Was using BCD436HP in search mode on LWIN 25 mile range

TGID 34504 ENC
TGID 34505 ENC
TGID 34506 ENC
TGID 34509 ENC

Status
Not open for further replies.