St Tammany LWIN tower sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technoguy58

There was some discussion in another thread about the original Slidell LWIN site. As far as I have been able to ascertain, the LWIN sites for Slidell, Abita Springs,and Blond are no longer in use (I am talking about in the database). They have been swallowed up by St Tammany's simulcast system. There is no separate CC for these sites that I can find. The original LWIN site for Slidell was on the S.W. corner of the interchange at Old Spanish trail. It is now on the tower by the Slidell P.D. building. The LWIN site at Abita Springs moved across the street to the other set of twin towers. The C.C. in the database for Abita Springs is no longer. Same with the Blond site.
Any of you guys have problems listening to LWIN using St Tammany's system. I find that if you are reasonably close to one of the sites they are using, I have a fair amount of luck with the decoding of the P25. But, in between sites, it can be tough. I'm fairly certain that they are using sites in Covington, Blond, Waldheim, Pearl River, Slidell, Talisheek, and Abita Springs (Hwy 59 at I-12). There may be another 1 or 2.
I actually prefer to use the Hammond or Wilmer tower so I don't have to listen to all the New Orleans traffic. On St Tammany's system you get LOTS of traffic from over the lake ( New Orleans, Jeff parish, St Bernard, Tulane University, etc.)
Any comments or additional info??

Technoguy58

I realized after I said that the Slidell LWIN site was by Old Spanish trail that I meant to say the Oak Harbor/ Eden Isle exit. The tower was in the triangle part of I-10 right of way across from the fire station. The site where the legacy Slidell TRS is located is also being used for the Slidell location of the St Tammany Simulcast system (I hope that came out the way I meant it to). Sorry if I confused anybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.