Jefferson Parish

Status
Not open for further replies.

teebee

Will the new Uniden BCD996T scanner be able to monitor Jefferson Parish S.O. or are they
encrypted. Also interested in knowing the same for sulphur and St. John The Baptist, and East Baton Rouge Parish. When monitoring East Baton Rouge Parish on my 780 some of the id's seem to be some type of digital. I don't remember the id's but it seems they are a 5 digit id starting with either a 2 or a 3.

radiogirl

re: Jefferson parish

In answer to your question:
1) Yes, provided the talkgroups that you want to listen to are not encrypted
2) Unknown at this time as so far no one has said for sure what kind of digital system Sulphur,La is supposed to be using.
3) Yes, it would work on the unencrypted talkgroups, however, St John has already made its plans to encrypt LE traffic as well as other traffic known. So it depends on what is not encrypted.
4) Yes, but the talkgroups in question might be encrypted or they might be in the future.

Does this answer your question?

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
teebee said:
Are you saying some of the talkgroups for Jefferson S.O. are encrypted?
We have not received any reports of encrypted TG's on the JPSO digital system. In addition, any digital scanner (even the old ones like the BC250D) can be used on the JPSO system as it is not truly and APCO25 system, it is a Motorola Type II system using P25 CAI modulation. That is also true of St. John parish, although the LE TG's are encrypted in St. John.

As a side note, the only true APCO-25 system I know of in the State of Louisiana is the 700 MHZ LATIE system, which the new Uniden should be able to handle quite well, considering the current BC396T does already.

N5AMS

that being the case shouldn't the feed be taken down because its basically useless now i wounder how long it will take for the FD to do the same

balibago

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Until someone in this hobby with a better brain than I puts some type of software or book on the net to emulate this cheap ADP encryption software so it can be brute force attacked by a GPU or some other high speed processor we will have to put up with this trash. We will have to descramble this then be real hush hush about it. But this software has been cracked before it's a shame that the exact details haven't made it to the general monitoring community yet. We have lost Lafayette, Iberia ,Terrebone Some of Cacasieu,Union and now Jefferson parish we will lose the whole state to these control freaks if someone doesn't come out with a solution to this. We pay for these systems and we will monitor them whether some public safety administration creep likes it or not.

car55

Banned for duplicate accounts
Banned
Until someone in this hobby with a better brain than I puts some type of software or book on the net to emulate this cheap ADP encryption software so it can be brute force attacked by a GPU or some other high speed processor we will have to put up with this trash. We will have to descramble this then be real hush hush about it. But this software has been cracked before it's a shame that the exact details haven't made it to the general monitoring community yet. We have lost Lafayette, Iberia ,Terrebone Some of Cacasieu,Union and now Jefferson parish we will lose the whole state to these control freaks if someone doesn't come out with a solution to this. We pay for these systems and we will monitor them whether some public safety administration creep likes it or not.

If the encryption key changes every weak there no way hacking would work.You not going to hack it every weak.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
No more of the fantasyland breaking encryption posting or anti government ranting in main forums please. Take that to the tavern please. I will delete any future postings of this nature. I really do not want to have to give warnings/violations, or lock threads, but if it degenerates to that point I will do so.

TY for your cooperation and support.

Status
Not open for further replies.