RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Maine Radio Discussion Forum

Maine Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Maine.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-14-2014, 3:35 PM
Global DB Admin/Senior Mod
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Default MSCommNet Project 25 TRS

I've still only seen two submissions which added some frequencies and callsigns to a few sites.

Sorry but I don't accept PM's. Please use email instead.
Sponsored links
Old 04-14-2014, 4:02 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeOxlong View Post
I've still only seen two submissions which added some frequencies and callsigns to a few sites.

Where are you seeing this. Cause I have seen nothing
Twitter- @MAINERADIOMAN
Old 04-14-2014, 4:34 PM
Database Admin

You need to be a DB Admin to see it.

Old 04-14-2014, 4:41 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

10-4. I have seen nothing or heard nothing. Just reciving 6 to a control DATA Channels.. Sounds like a flop. Nothing on Dig or region nets either
Twitter- @MAINERADIOMAN
Old 04-16-2014, 2:00 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

So is this going to happen or what?..
I just submitted a correction to the Wiki,
I see why a lot of stuff is just being lumped together, and mixed in with the TRS...
If you browse to Maine State Communications Network (MSCommNet) Trunking System, Various, Maine - Scanner Frequencies which is a direct link to the wiki
and try to submit data there, it defaults to statewide, and no way to change it to a county, or a new system..If you click on "Submit Info" from the menu at the top, Submit Data to RadioReference , With several DB Admins approving submissions, and a lot from out of the state of Maine, not knowing the county's etc, We have what we have today..a mess
I have just made two submissions, one to delete a site, and hopefully a separate system for the P25 - conventional sites...
If I see my conventional submissions in with the TRS, I will just stop with the submissions
Doug
www.wirebridgeweather.com APRSWXNET http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/wxpage.cgi?DW1694
Sponsored links
Old 04-16-2014, 5:01 PM
Database Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost_in_maine View Post
So is this going to happen or what?..
I just submitted a correction to the Wiki,
I see why a lot of stuff is just being lumped together, and mixed in with the TRS...
If you browse to Maine State Communications Network (MSCommNet) Trunking System, Various, Maine - Scanner Frequencies which is a direct link to the wiki
and try to submit data there, it defaults to statewide, and no way to change it to a county, or a new system..If you click on "Submit Info" from the menu at the top, Submit Data to RadioReference , With several DB Admins approving submissions, and a lot from out of the state of Maine, not knowing the county's etc, We have what we have today..a mess
I have just made two submissions, one to delete a site, and hopefully a separate system for the P25 - conventional sites...
If I see my conventional submissions in with the TRS, I will just stop with the submissions
Doug

Once again, there have been only two submissions to this system. 3 admins have worked on this system including myself. The first admin added in all the sites. Not sure where he got his information from. I am the only admin to have added any information to the system as a result of submissions.

You need to submit data to the database, not the Wiki. If you click on the Submit tab on the actual system, you can submit your data. Looks like you figured it out judging by the submissions in the queue.

Think of the Wiki as a scratchpad. Any user can add and edit information in the Wiki. Every system will have a link to a Wiki page but it's up to the users to add information. You can add 10 Codes, Radio ID's, patrol maps, etc. Basically anything that doesn't belong in the database.

Old 04-16-2014, 6:00 PM
Database Admin

Quote:
Forgot to add, it is Public Safety, Not Public Works...makes a difference in some scanners that use service types.
No, it's Public Works not Public Safety.

The only talkgroups listed for the system are "Radio and Range Testing" which doesn't qualify as Public Safety.

Once actual Public Safety talkgroups are known, they will be tagged accordingly. We don't even have a Public Safety service type.

Old 04-16-2014, 7:46 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
No, it's Public Works not Public Safety.

The only talkgroups listed for the system are "Radio and Range Testing" which doesn't qualify as Public Safety.

Once actual Public Safety talkgroups are known, they will be tagged accordingly. We don't even have a Public Safety service type.
I am referring to Service Types as in Uniden Scanners...If the DB is listed as public works, and you don't select that as a service type in the scanner, you will hear nothing....
The HP1, and the now 436 and 536 use them..
www.wirebridgeweather.com APRSWXNET http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/wxpage.cgi?DW1694
Old 04-16-2014, 7:50 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:

You need to submit data to the database, not the Wiki. If you click on the Submit tab on the actual system, you can submit your data. Looks like you figured it out judging by the submissions in the queue.
Yes I seen that, but others may not, so that is why I mentioned it...Hope others start submitting what they are hearing as well in other parts of the state
Sponsored links
Old 04-16-2014, 7:58 PM
Database Admin

Quote:
I am referring to Service Types as in Uniden Scanners...If the DB is listed as public works, and you don't select that as a service type in the scanner, you will hear nothing....
The HP1, and the now 436 and 536 use them..
Yes, I understand that however Public Safety is not a valid Service Tag in any of the HomePatrol scanners. I own all three and know this for a fact.

Talkgroups are tagged according to their use. Talkgroups on a government system used for testing are tagged as Public Works. If a user wants to listen to these talkgroups, they will need to select the "Public Works" Service Type.

We will not tag a talkgroup as something it's not just so people who don't listen to that Service Type can hear it. If we did that, there would be no reason to tag anything.

Once public safety talkgroups start to be identified, we will tag them with one of the appropriate Service Types such as Law Dispatch, Fire Dispatch, EMS Dispatch, etc. These are valid Service Types and are in each HomePatrol model.

Take a look at the bottom of Page 21 in the DB Admin handbook: http://wiki.radioreference.com/image...ndbook_1.6.pdf

At the top of Page 22, you will see each of the Service Tags that can be applied and what types of talkgroups/frequencies get those tags.

Hope this explains it.

Last edited by MikeOxlong; 04-16-2014 at 8:04 PM..
Old 04-16-2014, 8:37 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Ok thanks for breaking it down, Mike and explaining it, plus approving my submissions..One question though,
I see the info I submitted for a conventional site for Oxford County - Upper Cupsuptic was approved, but where is it in the Database?
I tried importing to see where it ended up, and going to the Oxford County section, selecting MSCOMMNET, just brings me back to the TRS listings, and do not see it under Oxford County

EDIT..I found it..So for each County that is submitted for the conventional sites, I had to select the county AND State Trunked system when importing from Proscan
Doug

Last edited by lost_in_maine; 04-16-2014 at 8:42 PM..
Old 04-16-2014, 8:49 PM
Database Admin

For now I've put them here:

MSCommNet - Maine State Communications Network Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

They're at the State level under an Agency however they might be better at the County level. Will have to think about it but right now I'm leaning towards moving them to the specific counties they're located in. This is where the Wiki comes in handy. Somebody can pull out the data from each County and make a nice list of frequencies by County n

Will these be backup channels with each assigned to a specific agency or will they be shared like an Interop channel with each agency able to communicate with the other users on the channel?

Keep the submissions coming. I'll probably wait a bit before working them to let the local DB Admin get them. If they linger for more than a few days then I'll grab them. Always nice to get things done before Sunday so HomePatrol users get them loaded up on Mondays update.

Old 04-16-2014, 11:15 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
For now I've put them here:

MSCommNet - Maine State Communications Network Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

Will these be backup channels with each assigned to a specific agency or will they be shared like an Interop channel with each agency able to communicate with the other users on the channel?
There will be 7 conventional Solar powered sites, W. Kennabago being one of the 7
They will be P25, but not trunked, so no need to have a CC
During testing phase they have had these linked with some of the TRS sites

The interoperability sites will be part of Region Net. which will be analog to allow comms with local agencies
These I haven't bothered to submit yet, as they are not set in stone yet what they will be

AND to throw another log in the fire, they will have re-broadcasts of the Zone traffic so local agencies can monitor them..These frequencies also are not known yet, and there are some licenses yet to be approved.
Old 04-17-2014, 3:14 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

When I do a search I come up with nothing but channels that are marked Data like 154.400 I get a Talk group of 1-01-253 then if I search more 160.1550 Data, 160.3500 Data, 160.3500 data, 160-9500 Data, 161.040 Data, 171.650 Data 171.950 Data, 172.9875 Data

I have no idea how to turn my trunk on on my 996xt and im using ARCPro software, if anyone can help maybe I can get more out of my radio.. EHHHH
Twitter- @MAINERADIOMAN
Old 04-17-2014, 4:23 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaineRadioMan View Post
When I do a search I come up with nothing but channels that are marked Data like 154.400 I get a Talk group of 1-01-253
1-01-253 looks like it is from a LTR system...
Probably better to post in the Uniden Forum and ask there..I have a 996xt and a 396 XT which are basicaly the same radio. But I don't use Arc XT Pro..

You don't turn on trunking..If you have C-Ch output enabled in the radio..you should be able to hold on that frequency as long as the signal is strong enough, and it will give you site info etc..

Don't forget a lot of what you may find will be MSCOMMNET, so you should make sure if it is something that is already confirmed before making a submission..you can do that by looking at the Wiki on Scan-NE
Sponsored links

Old 04-17-2014, 4:49 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

What is c-ch?

Sent via Tapatalk from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Twitter- @MAINERADIOMAN
Old 04-17-2014, 5:35 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaineRadioMan View Post
What is c-ch?

Sent via Tapatalk from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Do a search in the uniden forum..we are going way off topic of this threads subject which is MSCOMMNET
Old 04-17-2014, 6:10 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I got it man and Im sorry MY BAD
Twitter- @MAINERADIOMAN
Old 04-18-2014, 3:57 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos

We need to add the talk groups for the new system haven't seen any yet
Old 04-18-2014, 5:17 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeportland View Post
We need to add the talk groups for the new system haven't seen any yet
Jake, the only talk groups we know of right now are the tech's working on the system, so no sense to really add them....When the system is active we will know what they are for each zone, and county..

Tags