Portland Public Safety Feed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fkarl

Anyone out there have the capability of putting one up for the rest of us to enjoy?

fkarl

my PRO 2052 picks them up fine. I'd be willing to LOAN it to someone in Portland to provide the feed with. I do not have a cable or software though....

GothamCity

Hey guys Im finally moved into maine, I'm located in south Portland near the jetport. Once I get settled in ill start setting up the scanners. Don't think I forgot about it. Also are there any good firewire / buff sites for Maine ?

Adenosine

Southern Maine Fire Notification is the only one I'm aware of. Its a Ham base group, they have repeaters set up in Southern Maine. Website is a bit dated but they are active and do over the air updates. Might be worth looking into.

Link: Southern Maine Fire Notification

If you have Twitter, you can follow @MaineBoxAlarm but that is more up my way, sometimes some So.ME fires.

Last edited:

Adenosine

Well, guess next time I'm in Portland I owe someone a beer, assuming your old enough.

This will be a damn popular feed up here. Nice Job.

SentinelVT

I had an extra scanner laying around and I knew how much people were missing the feed...

It is a little scratchy just because the scanner is located in Cape Elizabeth. It should be fine for this purpose however. Let me know if you guys have any issues with it. I will be monitoring it remotely, so any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

And yes, I am of drinking age. But, I will be out of the area for a while. We can catch up at some point.

SentinelVT

Perfect. I have purchased a new 800mhz antenna to hopefully get a better signal. As it is right now, the factory antenna that came with the scanner does not receive very clearly. So, in a few days it should sound much better.

Alex

SOCCERCOACH

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for scanning the Portland area, sounds very good in Mass. If I may ask, any chance of putting Scarboro FD in that scanner. Thank you again

SentinelVT

Not a problem, it is long overdue! I rather not add Scarborough FD at this time since they generate a lot of radio traffic. I fear that listeners (which are mostly interested in Portland) will miss out on important traffic. I am planning on adding a few other feeds in the future, one of which I would be more than happy to add Scarborough to.

Any comments, questions, or suggestions, feel free to ask.

Thanks
Alex

scannermanz

A Portland feed has returned ..awesome!
Listening for the first time today and it sounds good!

I missed Alex M's feeds tremendously. I listened to them for many years. I just stumbling upon this thread while doing some research regarding reprogramming my Pro164 ...because there was no feed. I'm a user/listener in Portland. If I can offer any help in that regard give me a shout.

Thanks again for hosting the feed!!

-Bobby

Status
Not open for further replies.