PRO-197 Portland Public Safety System

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaineBirder

Premium Subscriber
First, I would like to say how much I appreciate this site. I have used the info here for years.

I downloaded the frequencies and talk groups for Portland Public Safety System from radio reference through WIN500, uploaded all to my PRO-197, but I don't hear a thing. I have this system assigned to the number 2 scan list. Other non-trunked frequencies are heard very well. There must be something I am missing. If anyone has a file that they would not mind sharing, I would greatly appreciate it! I am interested in the Portland/South Portland/Scarborough system. Thanks in advance!

wingmaker

Maybe they Rebanded and you have the wrong freq. Try to program a control channel in the tune mode and see if you got good signal, if so there something not programed right, if not my not be in range. Hope this will help. LOVE AND BLESSINGS

SentinelVT

I notice that you are in Bath....Portland 800 Public Safety is very limited in surrounding towns...Doubt you will hear them up there...

I have to agree with lost_in_maine. The 800mhz system is not very strong and as a result signal strength falls very quickly as you leave the Greater Portland Area. Now, being in Bath you might have the waterfront to your advantage, however it is very unlikely that you will be able to hear Portland at all. I am one of the feed providers for the Portland FD channels and my scanner is located in Cape Elizabeth. If you listen to the feed you will notice that there can be quite a bit of static, and that is only about 5-7 miles away from Portland!

mainetrunk

I got a spot where I can recieve Portland. I dont know how it gets around Mt. Aggementicus, but it does. I heard there were spots in the Prortland area where reception was poor. I'd get an 800mhz antenna on it. Height is most important for reception. The 800mhz antenna scans all bands, maybe better than the antenna that comes with it..P.S--I'd program it manually--I did..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.