Dot paving project

Status
Not open for further replies.

mainetrunk

The Maine D.O.T is going to be re-paving in, and through the town of South Berwick. It appears to be a long project. Urban Tree service has been clearing alot of trees on route 236 heading towards Berwick. I heard them on 467.6375-csq. It's about time they neatenned that stretch. Stay tuned for freq updates.

mainetrunk

I just caught the D.O.T on 47.340-PL 100.0. They are setting up shop. It appears to be a simplex channel. Stay tuned for more on this rip / tear project.

mainetrunk

Ahh, I been looking for that link. Not too hard, but it's been in my mind. Thank you sir! F-Y-I--Urban tree service is still on 236 towards Berwick --467.6375--csq is still a happenning thing.. Stay tuned..

mainetrunk

A quicklist of -positive- D.O.T freqs I -have- heard

47.340--167.9-------------waterboro repeater?
47.100--dc-205------------simulcast
47.100-csq--talk around while plowing
47.340--100.0---confirmed today
453.400---the flaggers used 3 years ago on route 91,unable to get a tone. we might this time.

I have no doubt the other channels are still there and quiet as they are, someone will hear it sooner or later.

mainetrunk

The road sweeper came through today. No doubt part of the average town deal. No antennas on it. There is a white truck running around with what appears to be a lo-vhf whip.

mainetrunk

The tree service has completed their mission on 236, now there a backhoe and other assorted machinery tearing up that area puttung in new drain tubing. I am guessing that the flaggers are in some type of --union--.? Same guys as before with the same freq--467.6375-csq.. While I was in Somersworth N.H, enroute back to town, I heard the D.O.T on 47.340--167.9 saying something about Berwick. I guess they are doing all the prep work before the ( big scratch ).. Removing the old tar.. Come to find out, the white truck I saw was Unitel. 173.300--173.8... I hear them now and then..

mainetrunk

I've been getting -minor- signals on 47.040, but the 1 I got running a (public safety) search has me a little confused. I got 47.440--97.4 today it sounds like some truck ops. I see it is liscensed to 2 entities, 1 being coleman & son / the other being Cianbro Corp. I really donot care which it is--I'm saying in case anyone is running a search looking for the Maine D.O.T, this freq isn't them.. Here at the stateline, we donot have many lo-vhf users. I also heard 1 of the guys from the D.O.T call his co-worker earlier on 47.340-167.9.. Magic words are---" you got me on 30?" No response..Wrong channel bud.. Well, lets see what Monday brings.. I seen -alot- of heavy equipment going through town..

mainetrunk

The rip-tear pipe replace is still happenning by the Water District. Same crew-same freq for flaggers. 467.6375--csq.. I went to see what is going on-on route 4 heading towards North Berwick. There was a green car with its flashers on. I turned around by Blackberry Hill road, on the way back-there was a girl putting markers on the side of route 4. Yesterday I heard the D.O.t on 47.100--csq going to lunch. On a side note--I heard the 95 D.O.T calling for someone on 151.130--114.8... He said they were on channel 4 for whatever they are doing.. Fun with freqs!

mainetrunk

Nothing new to report, but I just found out the reason that area is taking so long to be done in front of the water district. They are putting in all 3 types of pipe. Rain drain, fresh water , and sewer. . Same flaggers,,,,,,,,Havent seen hyde nore hair of D.O.T...Nore heard..Hope it happens soon. Driving thru the center has rutz galore. I'm sure -everyone- who has gone over it recently agree's with me. Yet we remain 1 of the last towns to -not- have a red-yellow-green light. Just a traffic control officer.Scan on

mainetrunk

Rephrase---Driving thru the center has rutz galore. I---Rephrase--driving through town has gone nuts swerving, avoiding all the potholes that have reeked havoc ----really a pain..nutz....not a comment about anyone..

mainetrunk

Well, after watching the progress and hearing the same guys on the same freq, there is nothing new to report-except that there is a new crew of flaggers-same freq-467.5375--csq. I dont know if they are doing peice by peice, or theres another project at the same time---sewer-water...

mainetrunk

I went to town today to see how the rip-tear was going. I could hear the flaggers a mile away--'sending'. They are still on the same freq--csq, but theres pavement where there was not. Only for a short distance..They are still putting in pipe--up towards town from the RR tracks.. The new tar is not as wide as I thought they would go...Remember--seek alternate route, or expect delays.

mainetrunk

A 2nd team has appeared, when I went by, they were at park street and Rte 4. When I came back to town, they moved up 3--400 feet. I didnt see anything that said state, or town.. They had closed the northbound lane. I quickly went into search mode, and found them when I was flagged through..467.5875--csq .Is what I caught for the 2 way contact..Now, theres another area being ripped up for the big paving project..

mainetrunk

I got a chance to go to Berwick today, and saw the rip-tear on 236. I dont know whats left to do on that stretch, but it's going slow---not a shot at state workers--.. I will say again--you go that way, expect a delay..2 hours later I heard a certain business owner tell the big red septic truck not to go up route 4 towards North Berwick cause --I guess the 2nd team was working out there--- the traffic was backed up from in town towards N.Berwick.. I wasn't about to go out in that mess.. I'll confirm it tomorrow, when I go that way..REMEMBER--expect delays..We've all been told.. Gotta love progress. FYI--team 1 still going on 467.6375--csq..Drive safe!!!

mainetrunk

I went through the alleged 2nd work area today to see what's ripped or any delay causers.. Just a couple of peices of machinery on the side of route 4 . Whether they were being dropped off yesterday or surveyers, the traffic causer from yesterday evavded me. But the 1st team was doing their thing today. I could hear them out by the golf course at the Berwick town line on route 4.... Drive safe,,expect delays---sidenote,,,,here comes the heat that everyone loves to lay pavement in...done it--- no thx

mainetrunk

The 2nd team has started to rip--tear at the corner of 236 and rte 4. Right on the southern side of that bad intersection.. They were flagging, but noone talking..Will take another look later.. Drive safe--expect delays..

mainetrunk

I went by the project sites, team 1 is still down by the water district, using 467.6375--csq..Team 2 is on that bad corner at 236 and 4..They are using 467.6125--csq.....Drive safe--expect delays...and bumps--lol

Status
Not open for further replies.