RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog
 

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Maine Radio Discussion Forum


Maine Radio Discussion Forum - Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Maine.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 04-17-2013, 3:17 PM
Member
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Waxhaw,Nc Union County Nc
Posts: 1,009
Default MSCommNet

MSCommNet Project 25 for Cumberland county maine i need the freq
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 04-17-2013, 3:35 PM
Member
   
Join Date: May 2011
Location: York county Me.
Posts: 1,447
Default

Search the threads---to my knowledge there is no 1 freq.. Check out the fcc database
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 04-17-2013, 3:36 PM
Member
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Waxhaw,Nc Union County Nc
Posts: 1,009
Default ok

ok thank you
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 04-17-2013, 11:11 PM
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Caribou, Maine
Posts: 658
Default

At least up here in the county, I believe that the MSCommNet is still in the installation and or testing stages. One of the main transmitter sites is in New Sweden which is only about 8 miles from my location. I have every known (verified and licensed) frequency in my scanners and so far I have heard nothing. Then again, no one seems to know whether this system will be able to monitored, and if so how to program it properly.

Mark
__________________
KA1TIV
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 04-18-2013, 5:59 AM
ecps92's Avatar
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Taxachusetts
Posts: 9,531
Default

MSCommNet Project 25 TRS

MSCOMMNET Maine State Communications Network - Scan New England Wiki

http://forums.radioreference.com/mai...ct-25-trs.html


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeportland View Post
MSCommNet Project 25 for Cumberland county maine i need the freq
__________________
Bill N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies
http://www.scanmaritime.com
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 04-21-2013, 12:24 PM
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Ewa Beach, Hawaii
Posts: 39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkWestin View Post
At least up here in the county, I believe that the MSCommNet is still in the installation and or testing stages. One of the main transmitter sites is in New Sweden which is only about 8 miles from my location. I have every known (verified and licensed) frequency in my scanners and so far I have heard nothing. Then again, no one seems to know whether this system will be able to monitored, and if so how to program it properly.

Mark
Currently only 2 sites are up in test mode. Augusta RCC and Whitten Hill. You will be able to listen to them with the proper scanner using P25 Standard Trunk settings. They are currently working on voice quality.
__________________
Digger
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 04-21-2013, 3:30 PM
Member
   
Join Date: May 2011
Location: York county Me.
Posts: 1,447
Default

According to what I saw of ECPS 92''s post, I saw the word 'encryption' statewide. There was no mention of encryption 'capabilities' nore did I see the word 'scanner'. I've been up in the Moosehead region before. Mid 90's. Cell reception up there was touch and go. If they are gonna do X amount of sites, p25 phase 1 or 2 or opensky, thats some $$.00 bein thrown around. Hope they get it right the 1st time. I've heard enough p25 conventional systems in 'hilly' area's.. It's all or nothing. We'll see...http://www.w2sjw.com/radio_sounds.html

Last edited by mainetrunk; 04-21-2013 at 3:34 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 04-21-2013, 4:01 PM
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Ewa Beach, Hawaii
Posts: 39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainetrunk View Post
According to what I saw of ECPS 92''s post, I saw the word 'encryption' statewide. There was no mention of encryption 'capabilities' nore did I see the word 'scanner'. I've been up in the Moosehead region before. Mid 90's. Cell reception up there was touch and go. If they are gonna do X amount of sites, p25 phase 1 or 2 or opensky, thats some $$.00 bein thrown around. Hope they get it right the 1st time. I've heard enough p25 conventional systems in 'hilly' area's.. It's all or nothing. We'll see...W2SJW - Radio Sounds
I highly doubt they would encrypt since they said they are going to simulcast their dispatch centers in conventional analog so local dept's can still communicate with them. This is information that was given out a few years ago in the planning stages.

I thought OpenSky died a few years ago when Harris took over the company, still supported but no longer sold. My only hope is that Maine has so much money already in Phase 1 that it will take 10 years before they can afford to upgrade to phase 2, by then new scanners will be out (and my current ones paid off) that can pick up phase 2.

From all the testing I've seen so far I have not seen the "ENC" symbol come up once.
__________________
Digger
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 04-21-2013, 4:59 PM
Member
   
Join Date: May 2011
Location: York county Me.
Posts: 1,447
Default

Yeah, that's the better route. A system discontinued? Wow. Thought systems like that would eventually take over every city,,,,, As you see, I'm in Maine, thus not seeing --alot-- of public safety trunk systems , or in N.H..( keyword-alot )Then you got Mass's mega 800 system's.. My point is, what type of trunk goes on the V.H.F freqs? Phase 1,,,? Havent seen this type yet. Just L.T.R..with trbo mix---sanford
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 1:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All information here is Copyright 2012 by RadioReference.com LLC and Lindsay C. Blanton III.Ad Management by RedTyger
Copyright 2015 by RadioReference.com LLC Privacy Policy  |  Terms and Conditions