MSCommNet

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkWestin

At least up here in the county, I believe that the MSCommNet is still in the installation and or testing stages. One of the main transmitter sites is in New Sweden which is only about 8 miles from my location. I have every known (verified and licensed) frequency in my scanners and so far I have heard nothing. Then again, no one seems to know whether this system will be able to monitored, and if so how to program it properly.

Mark

Digger

At least up here in the county, I believe that the MSCommNet is still in the installation and or testing stages. One of the main transmitter sites is in New Sweden which is only about 8 miles from my location. I have every known (verified and licensed) frequency in my scanners and so far I have heard nothing. Then again, no one seems to know whether this system will be able to monitored, and if so how to program it properly.

Mark

Currently only 2 sites are up in test mode. Augusta RCC and Whitten Hill. You will be able to listen to them with the proper scanner using P25 Standard Trunk settings. They are currently working on voice quality.

mainetrunk

According to what I saw of ECPS 92''s post, I saw the word 'encryption' statewide. There was no mention of encryption 'capabilities' nore did I see the word 'scanner'. I've been up in the Moosehead region before. Mid 90's. Cell reception up there was touch and go. If they are gonna do X amount of sites, p25 phase 1 or 2 or opensky, thats some $$.00 bein thrown around. Hope they get it right the 1st time. I've heard enough p25 conventional systems in 'hilly' area's.. It's all or nothing. We'll see...http://www.w2sjw.com/radio_sounds.html

Last edited:

Digger

According to what I saw of ECPS 92''s post, I saw the word 'encryption' statewide. There was no mention of encryption 'capabilities' nore did I see the word 'scanner'. I've been up in the Moosehead region before. Mid 90's. Cell reception up there was touch and go. If they are gonna do X amount of sites, p25 phase 1 or 2 or opensky, thats some $$.00 bein thrown around. Hope they get it right the 1st time. I've heard enough p25 conventional systems in 'hilly' area's.. It's all or nothing. We'll see...W2SJW - Radio Sounds

I highly doubt they would encrypt since they said they are going to simulcast their dispatch centers in conventional analog so local dept's can still communicate with them. This is information that was given out a few years ago in the planning stages.

I thought OpenSky died a few years ago when Harris took over the company, still supported but no longer sold. My only hope is that Maine has so much money already in Phase 1 that it will take 10 years before they can afford to upgrade to phase 2, by then new scanners will be out (and my current ones paid off) that can pick up phase 2.

From all the testing I've seen so far I have not seen the "ENC" symbol come up once.

mainetrunk

Yeah, that's the better route. A system discontinued? Wow. Thought systems like that would eventually take over every city,,,,, As you see, I'm in Maine, thus not seeing --alot-- of public safety trunk systems , or in N.H..( keyword-alot )Then you got Mass's mega 800 system's.. My point is, what type of trunk goes on the V.H.F freqs? Phase 1,,,? Havent seen this type yet. Just L.T.R..with trbo mix---sanford

Status
Not open for further replies.